We all try our best to be outstanding, law-abiding citizens that follow the rules Canada has put in place to make this a safe country.
TL;DR You're probably breaking quite a few without even knowing it. Canada has some pretty weird, obscure laws that just seem too ridiculous to even be real. Here's a quick list of some of the most odd.
You'd probably never think to question whether or not a law seemed ridiculous or pointless, but the truth is there are a ton of Canadian laws you most likely don't even know about that are incredibly weird.
Chances are, you've probably broken a few of them as well.
Some of them have been around for decades and the government just decided to keep them, while other laws that just seem completely outrageous aren't that old.
Either way, you'll probably want to know what they are before you accidentally break any of them again.
1. It is illegal to show public affection on a Sunday.
2. Canadian residents are not allowed to have an Internet connection faster than 56k.
3. Canadian businesses must provide rails for tying up horses.
4. It is illegal to kill a sick person by frightening them in Canada.
5. In Etobicoke, Ontario it's illegal to fill your bathtub with more than 3.5 inches of water.
6. It's illegal to make a snowman taller than 30 inches in Prince Edward Island.
7. It's illegal to consume fake maple syrup.
8. In Canada it is illegal to eat an oyster if you don't first make sure it's been treated humanely.
9. It's illegal to pretend to practice witchcraft or sorcery in Canada.
10. The Canadian Criminal Code states that it's very illegal to sneak up on the Queen of England and scare her.
Now that you know about the laws of the land, can you really say you've been a law-abiding citizen this entire time? Although you've gotten away with it before, who knows if police will start cracking down on this odd laws in the future.