Hello Montreal! Christmas is literally right around the corner, and I have a feeling everyone is working hard through that home stretch until the holidays. You're almost there!
If you're looking to take a quick break from studying this weekend, or you're one of the lucky ones that is already on Christmas break, there are tons of great holiday-themed events and festivities going down this weekend in Montreal!
TL;DR Here are 10 events or "things" you can do this weekend in Montreal. Many of them are totally free!
One key event not to miss is Montreal's "Luminotherapie" event going down at Places Des Arts. Tons of interactive light installations are set up around the area for you to play with. Great photo opportunity!
Have a very safe weekend Montreal, and happy almost-holidays.
1. Take a funny piture at the "Ugly Christmas Tree" village in the Plateau
Where: 57 Rue Prince Arthur E (Metro Sherbrooke)
2. Check out the "Etsy collective" Holiday Market downtown
Where: Théâtre Denise-Pelletier 4353 // rue Ste-Catherine Est
When: December 15th & 16th
3. Check out Montreal's famous "Dream Land" Christmas house
Where: Sami Hajjar's Christmas Display // 9035 avenue Jean-Bourdon
When: Everyday until January 10th // 6pm-10pm
4. Check out a huge "Vintage Christmas Market" in Rosemont
Where: Église St-Jean-Berchmans
When: Saturday December 15th, 2018 // 9am-4:30pm
5. Check out a Montreal's Natrel skating rink hosting a FREE fireworks show this weekend only
Where: Natrel Skating Rink // Old Port
When: Saturday, December 15th // 8pm
6. Check out the 9th annual Luminotherapie event at Places Des Arts, on all month!
Where: Places Des Arts
When: December 11, 2018 to January 27
7. Check out a Montreal's first "Vegan Christmas Market"
Where: 50 rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest
When: Saturday December 15th // 11am-5pm
8. Check out a huge "Vintage Streetwear" market with tons of deadstock designer brand items
Where: 3455 Boulevard St-Laurent
When: Saturday December 15th // 12-6pm
9. Check out a Puces POPs winter edition market for last minute gifts!
Where: Église Saint-Denis // 5075 rue Rivard
When: December 14th, 15th, and 16th