Recently a new cave was discovered near the first one and it's far bigger than anyone could have imagined. More of it is being explored every day, but here's everything we know about the cave so far:
1. The cave was discovered in October by amateur cavers 10 meters beneath Montreal.
2. The caves were formed when the rocks split during the ice age.
3. No human has ever seen them or been inside until only a few weeks ago.
4. The cave is actually a vast network of connecting chambers.
5. Cavers have not yet been able to explore it all yet.
6. It was discovered after drilling though an ancient limestone wall.
7. It is highly unusual for a cave of this size to exist beneath a major city.
8. So far they have discovered between 250 and 500 meters of cave chambers.
9. The total size of the cave is still unknown
10. To explore the cave you have to crawl on your hand a knees through muddy tunnels. You'll need to use rock climbing equipment to get through certain area, and at one point you'll need a raft because the underground cave is filled with a clear lake.
Montreal's iconic Greenspot restaurant is selling hot dogs for $0.74 this weekend, September 18 and 19, to celebrate its 74th anniversary.
On Facebook, the Saint-Henri institution says it's converting its small parking lot on avenue Greene into a picnic area for the event.
And the wiener fun doesn't stop there. Greenspot is having a contest on its Instagram page where followers have the chance to win 74 hot dogs — a prize they can redeem at their discretion.
The restaurant invites followers to share the Instagram post and tag three friends to enter the contest.
Daily two-for-one deals have also been part of the 74th-anniversary celebrations.
Dating back to 1947, Greenspot serves American and Quebec diner classics (including a long list of hearty poutines) amid retro decor (including individual table jukeboxes — they don't work but they're super charming!).
Get the details on the 74th-anniversary hot dog deal below.
Greenspot Diner 74¢ Hot Dogs
When: September 18 and 19, 2021
Where: Greenspot restaurant, 3041, rue Notre-Dame O, Montreal, QC