11 Christmas Markets And Events To Hit Up In Montreal This Holiday Season
Friends, there is nothing more fun than living up the holiday season. What do I mean by that? Well, I'm glad you asked.
READ ALSO: Downtown Montreal To Have Free “Dancing Water Fountain Shows” During The Holidays
I mean diving with both feet into the festive fun that's present throughout the city during this time of the year. And if you have no clue which Christmas events to check out, then worry not. That's what I'm here for.
1. Celebrate the holidays at Parc Des Compagnons
A photo posted by Avenue du Mont-Royal (@avenuemontroyal) on
The Plateau's 2016 Festival de Noel dans le Parc will be taking place this year at Parc Des Compagnons for another year, between December 1-25.
2. Celebrate the holidays at the Nutcracker Market
A photo posted by iatemontreal (@iatemontreal) on
Once again this year, the annual Nutcracker Market is taking place on the ground floor of Palais des Congres, between November 24 - December 4.
3. Celebrate the holidays with the CP Holiday Train
A photo posted by Celine (@cworotniak) on
Canada's holiday train will be stopping again in Montreal this year, November 26 at the Beaconsfield train station.
4. Celebrate the holidays at the Plaza St-Hubert for their Défilé Des Reves
A photo posted by Perrine Flamain (@perrinenirrep) on
The Plaza St-Hubert's annual Christmas parade will be taking place again this year on December 2nd.
5. Celebrate the holidays at the Old Port Skating Rink
Opening up around mid-December this year, you'll be able to skate right into the holiday spirit at the city's most chill skating rink, right in the Old Port.
6. Celebrate the holidays at Complexe Desjardins, for their interactive water and light show
A video posted by ? Mtl, Qc, Ca ? (@jpfederico_rs) on
Honestly, is there anything better during the holidays than watching the mall literally come to life?
7. Celebrate the holidays at the lighting of Place Ville Marie's Christmas tree
A photo posted by Frederick J. Fortin (@fjf360) on
Nothing screams Christmas in Montreal than watching PVM's famous Christmas tree go up.
8. Celebrate the holidays at Montreal's Place Des Arts' Luminotherapie
A photo posted by NAC design + marketing (@nacdesign) on
This year, Luminotherapie will feature zeotropes, going down between December 8 - January 29.
9. Celebrate the holidays at Montreal's Le Grand Marche De Noel
A photo posted by gαbrιelle p (@gabrielle12321) on
Possibly one of the biggest Christmas markets in the city, going down between December 2 - 24.
10. Celebrate the holidays at Old Montreal's Place Jacques-Cartier
A photo posted by Hana Jeong 정하나 (@hana.001) on
Old Montreal turning into a giant Christmas market between December 1 - 24? Um. Sign. Me. Up.
11. Celebrate the holidays at Montreal's famous Santa Claus Parade
A photo posted by Hashtag Media (@hashtagmediamtl) on
A classic- and wonderful - way to ring in the merriment, going down on November 19.