Truth time: Montreal is liberal AF. You can pretty much do whatever you want... but, like every other place in the world, there are certain things that you just straight-up should not do.
READ ALSO: 27 Bad Habits All Montrealers Have
Mainly because they're kind of shitty things to do. And if you're having a hard time figuring out just what things might be a little inconsiderate, and might get you hypothetically punched in the face (not literally, guys, no worries - I'm not condoning any kind of legit violence over here), then fear not. That's what I'm here for.
1. Rejecting a poutine.
Oh, you just had a poutine for lunch? Well, too bad. You're having one for dinner if it was offered to you, too. Don't be that guy.
2. Tagging someone else's mural.
Or vandalizing it in any way, shape, or form. Do not do, friend. Do not do.
3. Parking like an asshole in the Plateau.
Sadly, parking in Montreal is complicated AF. But just know that if you steal someone's spot, or double park and block someone from leaving... Yeah, you probably won't be winning any awesome human awards.
4. Complaining about the Clocktower Beach.
Look, the Clocktower Beach is gorgeous and a little slice of paradise in the city and it can do. No. Wrong.
5. Driving around Old Montreal.
Construction, pedestrians, cyclists, and an influx of students, professionals, and tourists? Sure, what could possibly go wrong?
6. Saying our bagels/smoked meat/food scene just don't hold up compared to other cities.
7. Standing in front of the doors in the Metro and blocking the exit path for everyone.
Even if the metro is packed, under no circumstances should you stand, fully extended, in front of the doors and block everyone's way. Please. We've got places to be. We've got people to see. We've got zero time for this fuckery. (See also: standing where you're not supposed to be standing on the escalators.)
8. Cutting in the line at 3 AM $2 Chow.
Waiting in line at $2 Chow after a night of partying on St. Laurent is savage. Don't make it any worse by cutting the line. Being drunk and hungry is no excuse; we're all drunk and hungry.
10. Talking bad about Reggie's to literally anyone who goes to Concordia.
If you don't love Reggie's, I don't even know what you're doing with your life, TBH.
11. Loving the new lights on the Jacques Cartier bridge.
TBH, I think it's a great idea. But then again, you know, what about the roads?
12. Being for the pitbull ban.