It's officially Halloween weekend! The time has come to put the final touches on your costumes and your plans. Not sure where to start? No problem, we're here to help! Get your costume ready because there is no shortage of themed parties and events to attend.
From the annual Zombie W
downtown to partying tillthe wee hours of the morning this weekend is definitely going to be a busy one.
And we also know how exhausting Halloween weekend can be, and we are always thinking one step ahead. We've prepared some ideas for your #halloweenrecovery plan. This tips will definitely come in handy when the hangover hits on Sunday afternoon.
Sunday, October 29th-2017
For Thursday, October 26th-2017, Click "NEXT"
Thursday, October 26th -2017
1. Spend Thursday evening melting away the worries of the week with a fancy drink at Boho, a new cocktail bar in the Old Port
Thursday is pretty much Friday. So there's nothing better to do on Thursday eve than having few casual cocktails after work in anticipation of the weekend ahead. This week check out BOHO in the Old Port. From the guys who brought you Venice MTL, this one will make you feel like you escaped the city for a hot minute.
Where: 436 Saint Francois Xavier
When: Open until 3 AM
Price: Varies per drink
2. Spend your Thursday afternoon shopping at one of Montreal's many curated Vintage shops, this week featuring Ex Voto in Little Italy
If you love vintage stuff but the thought of sifting through dusty racks of used clothes grosses you out - as well it should - check out Ex Voto in Little Italy. They do all the dirty hand-picking work for you. So that all you have to do is enjoy the cute finds.
Where: 6534 Boulv Saint-Laurent
When: Open until 6PM
Price: Varies per item
3. Kick off Halloween weekend by hitting up one of Montreal's nicest clubs - Ecole Privee - for a night of sweaty dancing
Don't blame us if you don't make it to class Friday morning. Why not start off the weekend with at Ecole Privee. This Thursday they are throwing a party with music by local DJs Rue de Bois and Toddy Flores. Peep the Facebook event below for more info!
Where: 1 Rue Milton
When: Thursday, October 26th
4. Spend a low-key Thursday attending a workshop on making your own Kombucha
5. Spend Thursday evening supporting Montreal Streetwear scene and attend a release party
The Streetwear fashion scene is on the rise in Montreal. Independent fashion brands are cropping up right and left. These brands will often hold pop up shops and release parties, which can be a great place to meet new people and shop for some unique wears that truly represent the Montreal entrepreneurial spirit. Check out New Regimes event, link below!
Where: 4532 Avenue Laval
When: Thursday, 7 - 10 PM
Friday, October 27th - 2017
1. Spend Friday afternoon shopping at some of the trendier independent shops in Montreal, check out WANT Apothecary in Westmount
WANT Les Essentiels is a Montreal entrepreneurial success story. Producing their very own premium leather bags and shoes - born in Montreal but made in Italy- their boutique Want Apothecary also carries a curated selection of clothing with brands like ACNE studios and Jil Sanders, for those who have a taste for the finer things. Check out more info below!
Where: 4960 Sherbrooke Street Ouest
When: Open until 7 PM, Friday
Price: Varies per item
2. Spend your Friday night dancing at Riverside for a Halloween weekend kick-off
If house music and wide industrial spaces are your thing, check out Riverside in Saint-Henri which just opened this summer. In an industrial berlin-like vibe, they are throwing a Halloween disco bash on Friday night. Check out the event page linked below!
3. Get dressed up and check out a themed costume party at Bar Le Ritz in Mile-EX
If you're into an unpretentious style Halloween celebration, Bar Le Ritz is throwing a 90s themed Halloween party this Friday. Bust out the high-waisted jeans and crop tops. Check out the event page below!
4. Check out the McCord Museum for a special Halloween-themed weekend exhibit
The McCord Museum is hosting a Halloween themed exhibit over the weekend - "Arts and Illusions". Each day of the weekend will feature its own activities and performances to enjoy for your friends the whole family. Check out the link below for more info!
5. Spend Friday drinking beer and closing the terrace at Bar Alexanderplatz in the Mile-End.
If big blowout Halloween costume parties aren't your thing, head up to the Mile-end for a casual beer with the friends instead. Bar Alexanderplatz one of the local watering holes of the mile end is hosting an event for the seasonal closing of their terrace. Check out the event page below for more detail!
For Saturday, October 28st -2017, click "next"
Saturday, October 28th -2017
1. Hit up a Stranger Things themed party at Theatre Fairmount in the Mile-End
So many themed parties to choose from, so little time. I think this will be a popular one this year since Stranger Things season 2 is being released just in time for Halloween weekend. This party will be at the historic Theatre Fairmount on Parc Avenue. Check out the details below!
Where: Theatre Fairmount
When: Saturday, 10PM - 3AM
2. Flex your finest costume muscles and attend the annual Zombie Walk of Montreal - hosted by the city!
Zombie walk is back! Our very own city is hosting another installment of the annual Zombie Walk event. Costume mandatory. Head to Le Cartier Des Spectacle to watch the madness unfold. More details below.
Where: Place Des Festivales
When: Saturday, 1 PM - 11 PM
3. Hosted by Observatoire Place Ville Marie, celebrate Halloween and head to the Masque Ball at the Summit
Party with a 360-degree panoramic view of the city? Why not. If you're looking for a different experience check out this chic event which is being hosted by the Observatoire Place Ville Marie on top of none other than the Place Ville Marie tower. Check out the page below for all the details!
Where: 1 Place Ville Marie
When: Saturday, 9 PM - 3 AM
Price: Ticket info below
4. Spend Saturday doing classic Halloween and going to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show at Cinema Imperial!
Nothing screams Halloween tradition quite like getting dressed up and going to see a screening of the cult classic Rocky Horror Picture Show. This year it's being screened downtown at the imperial theatre. This a great way to start the night. Check out event page below!
Where: Cinema Imperial
When: Screenings at 8 and 11 PM
Price: pre-sale 17.75$
5. Enjoy Saturday night with a classic club night at Time Supper Club
Time Supper Club, a classic Montreal party spot - is throwing a costume ball this Saturday. If you're interested in popping bottles alongside some other finely costumed individuals check out all the tickets and details at the link below!
Where: Time Supper Club
When: Saturday, 9 PM - 3 AM
For Sunday, October 29th - 2017, click "next"
Sunday, October 29th - 2017
1. Break out of your normal Sunday routine and check out a new neighborhood, this week visit Cote-Des-Neiges
The Cote-Des-Neiges area is an incredibly diverse neighborhood which truly embodies the cultural heritage of Montreal. It's also the central campus of two of the major universities of the city, making it a vibrant and lively area to hang out in. This weekend, you can start by climbing the oratory stairs for a beautiful view of the city and the fall foliage. Then, grab a beer and lunch at some of the many restaurants and cafes spread over the area.
Where: Metro Cotes Des Neiges
When: Open always!
2. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon by hoping in your car for a slow Sunday drive up north
Mont Tremblant village is only 90 minutes outside the city and is one of the most beautiful places to visit during the fall. The St.Bernard village has plenty of bars and restaurants to kick back in, or you can pay to take the gondola up to the summit and enjoy the view from up top. See the site below for more info!
Where: Mont Tremblant
When: Gondolas open until 5PM
Price: See link for more details!
3. Enjoy the last day of the weekend with Netflix new releases - Stranger Things Season 2 - Finally!
I think we've all been waiting patiently for Stranger Things Season 2 and if you're a big enough of a fan you will know that the new season is dropping this week! This is a great way to spend your Sunday recovering from Halloween with either a group of friends or someone special.
Where: The comfort of your home
When: Releasing October 26th
4. Recover from Halloween weekend by having a greasy Montreal brunch at La Binerie
Montreal and greasy brunch go hand in hand. There are so many spots to choose from, but this week you should check out the Mont-Royal classic La Binerie. Because when you wake up on Sunday with your head pounding regretting that last shot, you're going to need some extra oily sausage and beans to wash down the vodka and questionable decisions.
Where: La Binerie Mont-Royal
When: Open Sundays 7:30 AM - 3PM
5. Spend Sunday evening sampling fall-flavored local Micro Brews at Bar Birra in Little Italy
Bar Birra located right near De Castelnau Metro in Little Italy is a great little local joint specializing in serving up some of the tastiest local microbrews from around the province. This weekend they are releasing their "Autumn beer" flavors, so if you're looking for a low-key Sunday activity, this is it. Check out the link for more info!
Where: Bar Birra
When: Sunday, 1 PM - 3 AM
Price: No cover
6. Spend Sunday evening doing yoga for a good cause at Espaces Des Arts
Sundays are a great day to do a bit of light physical activity before the week starts, especially if you took it easy on the weekend. Glo Fitwear is hosting a yoga event which you can attend a 75-minute yoga class for only 10$. Part of the proceeds will be donated to Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation.
Where: Espaces Des Arts
When: Sunday, 1 - 3 PM