25 Things You Need To Accomplish In Your Life Before You Turn 25
Guys, I'm turning 25 in a few weeks, and I'm actually freaking TF out. I will no longer be in my early twenties. I'm going to be closer to 30 than to 18. I'm going to reach the actual quarter point of my life. Do I need to continue? I could, but I'll stop. All you guys need to know is that although it seems kind of dumb, turning 25 is a pretty legit milestone.
If you're in the same boat as I am, then I feel you, friend. 25 is pretty big, and before stepping into this next stage of life, there might be a couple of things you want to do/see/have control of. And if you're having trouble figuring out what those things are, then no worries. These suggestions, thanks to our awesome colleagues at Narcity Montreal, might just help you out.
1. Before you turn 25, get a place of your own.
2. Before you turn 25, have a savings account with a balance above zero.
3. Before you turn 25, make sure your relationship with your parent(s) is on point.
Or at least bearable.
4. Before you turn 25, have the beginnings of a 10 year life plan.
5. Before you turn 25, have a passport, a suitcase, and the will to take off someplace brand new for a weekend. (Or more).
6. Before you turn 25, make sure you're comfortable in your own skin, and you know to let others be comfortable in theirs.
7. Before you turn 25, hone your ability to let things go.
8. Before you turn 25, clean out your phone and make sure the only numbers you keep are the ones you need.
9. Before you turn 25, make sure you're able to be independent.
Knowing how to take care of yourself is the best bday gift you could get. (/give, technically).
10. Before you turn 25, say bye to all your relationships that make you feel like shit all the time.
11. Before you turn 25, work on the relationships that make you feel like the very best version of yourself.
12. Before you turn 25, trust that you deserve all the good things in your life.
13. Before you turn 25, trust that all the bad things are just a phase.
14. Before you turn 25, get yourself a hobby.
Find something that makes you passionate, and go hard at it.
15. Before you turn 25, make sure you have the discipline to cook for yourself and the motivation to not order in constantly.
16. Before you turn 25, have a best friend who's more like a sibling.
17. Before you turn 25, have a wardrobe consisting of clothes for work, for a date, for a night out, for a wedding, and for a funeral. The basics go a long way.
18. Before you turn 25, have a good idea of what you need in a relationship - not just what you want.
19. Before you turn 25, know what you like in bed. And what you don't like.
20. Before you turn 25, make sure you've got a space just for you.
21. Before you turn 25, know how to seize your opportunities, ask for a raise, and get into a serious relationship if you want it.
22. Before you turn 25, get your favourite coffee order down.
23. Before you turn 25, have enough confidence to not feel the need to justify what you say, eat, wear, drink, or do.
24. Before you turn 25, learn how to forgive and forget... for real.
25. Before you turn 25, live your life how you want to, and take everything that's happened to you as an experience.
Although, TBH, you should probably keep doing this well after 25.