Spring has finally sprung! Well, not really. Spring officially starts on March 20th, but as we all know, it takes a few extra weeks to really kick-in.
When the second week of April rolls around though, you know that we will quickly start to see Montrealers break out their finest summer gear. I'm sure you've already spotted some shorts on the streets this past weekend.
That said, April is filled with fun activities around the city. And since the weather is warming up, this is the perfect time to get outside and take advantage of the spring air. Breathe it in deep. Summer is almost here!
30. Visit Artgang Plaza for one of their many visual art, music, and nightlife events throughout the month of April.
Artgang Plaza is a performance venue located in the Mile-Ex of Montreal. They host all kinds of events - some free - but all are very affordable and bring in interesting artists from around the city.
29. Visit Eglise St-Jean Berchmand for a Vintage Bazar full of treasures!
This Rosemont Church is putting on a vintage bazar April 21st. Entrance is free and all are welcome!
28. Visit Chez l'Editeur Cafe for a night of free poetry reading and appreciation.
If poetry and feminism is your jam, this Rosemont cafe is hosting a free poetry reading night that is open to all!
27. Visit Marche Aux Puces St-Eustache for a unique weekend activity
True Quebec charms lives in this year-long indoor/outdoor market in Saint-Eustache. Go for the classic greasy-spoon food or the abundance of trinkets and knick-knacks you will bargain for. It's always a fun time.
26. Enjoy FREE CONE DAY at Ben & Jerry's in downtown Montreal
Free cone day has been around forever, and yes - the lineups are long. But free ice cream is totally worth the wait.
25. Visit the MAC museum, free entry every Wednesday night!
The museum of contemporary arts hosts a free evening every week on Wednesday nights. For more information visit their official site!
24. Visit The Canadian Centre For Architecture Free on Thursdays!
Right downtown but a little off the beat and path the Canadian Centre For Architecture hosts various shows and expositions, and they are all free on Thursday evening!
23. Visit this Little Italy spot for a "ladies night" deal you don't want to miss out on.
Restaurant Melrose in Little Italy hosts a Ladies Night every Thursday with great deals on food and drinks. No cover charge. Check out the Facebook event for all the details!
22. Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd
Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd by visiting a local park or the mountain. Maybe you can even drive out of town and actually immerse yourself in real nature. Whatever you do, take a moment to appreciate mother earth on this day.
21. For the ladies: attend a cosmetics "warehouse sale" for crazy deals on makeup.
Throughout April the brand Marcelle will be hosting a warehouse sale that will have some crazy deals on all the makeup you love. This great Montreal brand is formulated for sensitive skin, so all can benefit from this sale!
20. Attend your first Tam Tam of the season.
Tam Tam is an outdoor party that happens every Sunday starting mid-April until the early fall. Don't forget to bring a blanket and enjoy a sunday in the sun.
19. Visit the McCord Museum on Wednesday nights.
This beautiful and historic museum and Montreal landmark provides totally free entry on Wednesday's from 5-9. Why not take a peek inside, it's free!
18. Attend a free career fair this April!
A huge career fair hosted by National Career Event is coming to Montreal between April 11th and 12th. No matter what your industry, their will be information session and opportunities for you.
17. Another one for the ladies: attend Blush lingerie warehouse sale
This Montreal brand is hosting a warehouse sale April 5-7. So get there early before all the good sizes and styles are gone!
16. Visit Mary Queen Of The World Cathedral in Downtown
This Montreal cathedral can often times go missing in the raised skyline of downtown Montreal. However, it's there - and you can visit it for free. The interior is as beautiful as the outside.
15. Visit Barbie Expo in Les Cours Mont Royal
Barbie Expo, open all year long in downtown Montreal. If you haven't been already you should definitely consider this fun and family friendly expo.
14. Visit Rudsak sample sale for great deals on bags and more!
This Montreal brand is having a sample sale in April, this is your chance to get that bag, boots, or coat you wanted at a fraction of the price.
13. Visit Galerie Got for an evening of art and photography appreciation
This stunning old port gallery hosts all kinds of free events that are open to the public. Check out their site for all the info!
12. Attend a clothing swap event in St-Henri
Refresh your summer and spring closet without spending a dime! Attend a clothing swap event in St-Henri to find new treasures for your closet.
11. Visit Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel in the Old Port
Play tourist in your own city and visit some of the most beautiful churches around. Montreal has plenty of them. This Old Port gem is one not to miss, visit the inside as well for totally free.
10. Visit the Jean Talon Market to bring in spring!
The Jean Talon Market is a Montreal classic. And it's bustling in the early spring. Don't miss out on all the fresh produce.
9. Attend a Ladies Learning To Code Event
Interested in AI ? This Ladies Learning To Code event is specifically for those interested in getting a introduction to AI. Visit the Facebook event for all the details on how to register!
8. Stay home and watch all the amazing new Netflix shows out this spring!
Netflix announced all their new shows airing this spring. So don't forget to peep this article we wrote about all the TV goodness that is waiting for you, just one click away.
7. Attend Foir Papier from April 19-22nd.
Located at Arsenal Contemporary Art gallery in the very trendy and up-and-coming area of lower Griffin Town, this art even is totally free and open to the public. Check out the Facebook page for all the info!
6. Don't forget to climb to the top of Mont-Royal to see the trees bloom!
Early spring is the best time to get outside in Montreal. There is a palpable energy in the air, everyone is just so happy to be in the sun. Don't forget to visit the best look out in the city this April.
5. Donate your used clothes to a good cause after a much-needed Spring Cleaning!
April is a great month to go through your closet and toss all those old clothes that have been gathering dust for years. There are many ways to easily get rid of your old clothes in Montreal. There are no excuses!
4. Discover a new neighbourhood
Every month a good Montreal should always make it a goal to discover a new area of the city. This April, I suggest to familiarize yourself with Point-St-Charles, an old working-class neighbourhood that is quickly gentrifying.
3. Attend a Spring Market Event at one of Montreal most beautiful churches.
This beautiful Verdun church Église Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs, is hosting a Spring Market event on Saturday April 28th. Totally free and open to the public.
2. Get your BIXI on starting up again on April 15h!
Bixi is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get around town in the summer, not to mention, good for your body and mind. Don't forget to sign up early in the season!
1. Visit 21 Swings in Places Des Arts
Starting April 9th, 21 swings will be set up around the Places Des Arts center. These are interactive and family-friendly art installations that have now becoming a staple downtown attraction in Montreal.