30 Things To Do In Montreal When You're Broke AF
If you've read any of my latest posts about saving money, then you know what I'm talking about. It's just not cool anymore to waste money instead of building your assets so your money can eventually make you money. Instead of living the "high life" and spending $300 on dinner for two, or buying bottles at a club, why don't you try something less lavish and more fun. As the saying goes, it's not about how much you spend but who you spend your time with that matters.
Luckily, Montreal is filled with activities that don't require spending much, or even anything to have a good time. One just has to look in the right places. Here are 30 things to do in Montreal for free or very cheap:
1. Wake up at 5:30 am and go for a jog on the Lachine Canal.
2. Stroll down the Port and check out their various activities.
3. Walk up Mount Royal and take a selfie at the top of the mountain.
4. Check out the Cat Festival on May 21st and 22nd from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Centre Pierre-Charboneau.
5. Enjoy a Starbucks latte macchiato at a nearby location.
6. Or a chocolat fondue at Juliette & Chocolat.
7. Slide the city this summer!
8. If you're feeling adventurous, check out these date ideas.
9. Check out Blue Dog’s Trivia Tuesdays
10. Get your party on every Wednesday at Le Belmont’s Bass Drive Wednesdays, free before 11:00
11. Check out Montreal's Electric Paint Party going down on May 7th at Club La Boom.
12. Serenade your lover by playing Mozart on a piano around the city.
13. Confess your love to someone, because love don't cost a thing!
14. Roadtrip to Quebec's FREE Bacon Festival.
15. Check out Montreal's hidden tropical paradise.
16. Sneak into the indoor spa at L'Héritage in the Old Port.
17. Go dancing in front of the Maëstro Fountain in Le Quartier des Spectacles.
18. Stroll down to Les Cours Mont-Royal and check out their Barbie exhibition.
19. Take our your iPhone 6 and plan a photo shoot at the World Trade Centre in Square Victoria.
20. Stay in, because going out is overrated and Netflix!
21. May 29th 2016 Musées Montreal will be holding the 30th edition of Museum Day. FREE admission!
22. Take a seat, join the movement.
23. Go topless this summer, because you can.
24. Instagram your nicest pictures of the snow melting in Montreal.
25. And then instantly regret it if/when we get a surprise snowfall later on in the month.
26. Go to Holt Renfrew and make a Wish List of all the goodies you want - hope that your boyfriend finds it.
27. Pay entrance at Stereo Bar and dance the night away.
28. Meet at a "secret location" in the city, and get down and dirty.
29. Plan a naked sushi date night.
30. If all else fails, play house at Ikea.
There’s a huge selection of meals under $5 to choose from.