Good afternoon Montreal! Hope everyone had a relaxing holiday, and some lucky ones out there who are still on holiday are enjoying it to the fullest. Although it's not exactly a white winter wonderland in Montreal, it's very clear that all winter activities are in full-swing across the city.
TL;DR Below are 8 things you can do in Montreal this coming weekend. Most of these events and attractions are totally free!
We are currently walking the bridge between Christmas and New Year's and there are many different ways to make the most of these few days. You can rest up, hibernate, and conserve all your energy for New Year's Eve. Or, you can end the year with a bang by getting out, being social, and dedicating time to friends and family.
Whatever you decide to do, there are plenty of things to do in Montreal this weekend to keep you busy until New Year's Eve. Have a safe weekend, and see you in 2019!
1. Visit the Old Port's iconic Natrel skating rink this weekend
Where: Natrel Skating Rink // Old Port
When: December 28th & 29th // 5pm
2. Check out interactive "Effect Domino" installations for the new 9th annual Luminotherapie!
Where: Metro Places Des Arts
When: December 11, 2018 to January 27 (anytime!)
3. Indulge in Montreal's finest comfort food and visit Seasoned Dreams
Where: 5509 Laurendeau // Verdun + 3910 St-Laurent // Plateau
4. Check out the Old Port's Place Jacques Cartier transformed into a FREE magical "Nordic Square!"
Where: Place Jacques Cartier
When: December 20th - 31st
5. Take a cute photo at Montreal's famous "Dream Land" Christmas house before the end of the season!
Where: Sami Hajjar's Christmas Display // 9035 avenue Jean-Bourdon
When: Everyday until January 10th // 6pm-10pm
6. Hit up downtown for some crazy post-holiday deals literally everywhere!
7. Escape the cold and enjoy some exhilarating indoor activities at Action 5000
Where: Action 500
When: Three locations: Hochelaga, Laval, & Dorval