December is a magical time in Montreal. Well, most years it is. And it looks like we are expecting a white Christams this year!
TL;DR Here are 9 great events happening around Montreal this weekend, most are totally free!
This weekend is all about the holidays. Most of the local markets that will be selling handmade artisanal products are going down in the next several days. Most notably, Christmas villages in Laval and at the Atwater market are most definitely worth checking out.
So hit up the ATM and get to one of them ASAP before all the good gifts go flying off the shelves.
Have a very happy and safe weekend Montreal!
1. Check out Laval's official (and free) Christmas market and village
Where: Centre de la Nature de Laval 901, Avenue du Parc
When: December 7th from 10am-9pm // December 8th from 10am-8pm // December 9th from 10am-5pm
2. Check out a huge "illumnated Christmas March" in the Plateau
Where: Starting at Parc des compagnons
When: Saturday, December 8th // 7pm
3. Check out the Atwater Market transformed into a magical Christmas village every weekend
Where: Place du Marché // Atwater Market
When: Every weekend until the end of December // open until 9pm on Saturdays and 5pm on Sundays
4. Check out a huge "vintage Christmas Market" at Église Notre-Dame des Sept Douleurs In Verdun
Where: Église Notre-Dame des Sept Douleurs // 4155 Rue Wellington
When: Saturday December 8th // 9 am-4:30pm
5. Check out this charming "Vintage Christmas" and local artisan holiday Bazaar in Villeray
Where: Centre de Loisirs communautaires Lajeunesse 7378 rue Lajeunesse
When: December 8th & 9th
6. Check out the crazy insane decorations at Montreal's famous "Dream Land" Christmas house
Where: Sami Hajjar's Christmas Display // 9035 avenue Jean-Bourdon
When: Everyday until January 10th // 6pm-10pm
7. Check out a Montreal's iconic skating rink for its opening day!
Where: Natrel Skating Rink // Old Port
When: Saturday, December 8th // 8pm
8. Check out a huge "Artisanal Christmas Market" at a beautiful church in Rosemont
Where: Église St-Jean-Berchmans
When: December 8th & 9th // 11am-5pm