Photo cred - Cuisine De Rue Montréal
Beloved is Montreal’s monthly gathering of dozens of food trucks at the Big O, and we are drawing near September’s installment. If you have been before, you are well aware of the good times and deliciousness the event delivers, but if you've never been before, you’re in for a special treat.
YUL-EAT Destination Gourmande is a brand new initiative by Association des Restaurateurs de Rue du Québec, in partnership with evenko and other sponsors. The two-day bash happening on September 5 & 6 promises to be every foodie’s wet dream.
On top of First Fridays, the event’s opening night will include live music performances and a chance to meet with various local foodie heroes.
But Saturday is when it really kicks off:
- Comptoir Découverte & Salon du Livre - Discover a massive food market and book market bringing together great vendors such as Lufa Farms, Glutenberg, and Porkshop. This is a great chance for you to try products, or do some casual networking if you’re in the industry.
- Combat Culinaire La Tablée des Chefs - a friendly competition between the hot-shots of the culinary organization La Tablée des Chefs which will see them battling it out to create the best dish using ingredients from a mystery basket
- Paroles des Pros - Various talks with industry professionals sharing their insights on all things food
- Yul Brunch - A street-food brunch prepared by some of your favourite food trucks
- Olympiades de la Restauration – a kind of foodie Olympics with barista, cocktail, wine-tasting, and plate-dressing competitions for both amateurs and pros
- Souper Bénéfice Moisson MTL – an 8-service dinner benefiting Moisson Montreal prepared by Montreal heavy-hitters including Stephano Faita (Impasto, Gemma), Danny Smiles (Le Bremner)
- Garden Party – a good old-fashion closing party with drinks and live music until the wee hours of the morning
Entrance is free if you want to check it out, but you will need to pay to participate in some of the activities.
This sounds like the perfect way to usher in fall, back-to-school, etc., or just a great excuse to put some delicious eats in and around your food-hole while enjoying a serious food-a-licious vibe.
For more Montreal insights follow Synden on Twitter @Synden_