Projects and initiatives approved by the city's administration.
March 19, 2014, 09:09 AM
Photo cred - Caribb
Yesterday (Tuesday, March 18th) Denis Coderre's administration reworked their budget to pay for six projects the mayor of Montreal deems top priorities.
Here they are:
1. Cavendish Blvd. extension ($4 million)
- The street is planned to be extended to Royalmount Avenue in CDN/NDG, with a second phase (if all goes well with money) to link it to Cavendish in in Côte-St-Luc
2. Improving St. Catherine b/w Atwater & Bleury ($15 million)
- Underground work as well as a street level makeover. Any transformation of St.Cats into a pedestrian walkway will wait for public input.
3. Covering a Section of the Ville-Marie Expressway ($4 million)
- Project to cover an open-air part of the Ville-Marie, between Hotel-de-Ville and Sanguinet.
4. Building New Public Works Yard in Ahuntsic-Cartierville ($25.5 million)
- Same as above, just a different locale.
5. Respiratory Equipment for Montreal Firefighters ($10 million)
- Apparently what Montreal's firefighters are using now are defunct/expired. I'd say this should be number one, because the city needs brawny men and brave women to rescue people from burning buildings.
6. Rebuilding Public Works Yard in Mercier–Hochelaga-Maisonneuve ($16.2 million)
- Basically more warehouses, garages, storage yards and shops for the city.