The long awaited video of Dub FX playing live on the "streets" of Montreal from this past September is finally here. Rx Vision puts together a fantastic overview of the day leading up to Dub Fx`s big concert at Theatre Telus and conducts a solid interview in the process. Enjoy the video Montreal this is a good one.
Alright so Montreal, the "Été Indien" is here right on time for the week end! How perfect is that? We are all sad to see the summer go but look at the bright side of things...Well there's not really a bright side since it's starting to get dark super early. This only means you can start partying earlier! Here's what we put together for you to do this week end;
Thursday, September 25th
- We told you last week and we'll tell you again. Pass by Lobby Bar's Mugs & Dogs, if you want to get something more out of your average 5@7. It's perfect to chat it up with some colleagues after a long day of work. View event>
- CASA Cares & CASAJMSB are hosting a 5 à 8 Terrace Party at Concordia University’s Hall Terrace. Le Cheese Truck will be there too, go hang out with your fellow Concordia friends. View event>
- We missed it last week but their back tonight! MELT 029 at Blizzarts With Fools Gold's High Klassified. You know you don't want to miss it! View event>
Friday, September 26th
- Perle Rare at Club Peopl is the place to be for those who want to get lost in the music. Go dance to Jojo Flores and Forrest's sounds. You can also grab some oysters, cold cuts and cheese. Fancy huh? View event>
- Any night at Nacho Libre is guaranteed to be a fun night. Nacho VI at Nacho Libre will be another one of those nights. Seriouslsy, cheap shooters, balloons and a super sexy staff. View event>
- You want to check out Dub Fx with Vilify, Frase, Dubspecter and Crimewave at the SAT. You will be bassed out to Vilify'S sounds. View event>
Saturday, September 27th
- Here's an out of the ordinary event; Zumba in the Club at Jet Night Club. Yes, Zumba in the Club. This is actually a funraiser by Move for a Cure. Sounds provided by DJ MAJD to keep you dancing all night. View event>
- ART Crush at McGill's Pollack hall seems very promising. Described to be an on-stage chain reaction of artistic performances, this sounds very interesting. With visuals fused to the music, you will be entertained the entire evening. View event>
- Thomas Gold is stopping by New City Gas for a night that you will not forget. If you haven't been to New City Gas, go! Not for one second you will be steady. View event>
- Lilly Allen will be performing at Le Metropolis. Let the british star take you in her world and show you why she calls herself Sheezus. View event>
- For it's third edition, Shake it up 2014 is back at Théâtre St-James. This is another fundraiser event but more laid back than the usual funraiser. It's organized by 3 Points and there is an open bar, need I say more? View event>
Sunday, September 28th
- You have no idea what to with your family or with your friends because the Piknic season is over? Head to Peur Depot in the Old Port. It's haunted house and it will put you in the mood for Fall and Halloween. View event>
- You already know where to go on Sunday nights; Tokyo Bar Sunday! At TBS you will never be let down! Sounds by the Goontribe are awesome and the crowd is so happy and turnt up! View event>
- If you're thinking of going to see a show by local artist. check out Montreal's Catherine Valéry & John Andrew at Divan Orange.View event>
Montreal, where will you party at?
Didn't mention your event? Let Marialys know via Twitter @MarialysDiaz
Montreal, another week end has arrived and this means, more parties for you to attend. We know some of you will be starting school next week and here is your chance to go HARD at partying one last time before getting to your books. There's all types of parties happening and trust us, you want to attend them all. Here's where you should go this week end;
Thursday, August 21st
- To celebrate their brand, Bacardi launched their “BACARDÍ Untameable Since 1862” campaign in Canada and to highlight it they are throwing a huge party. It's the Bacardi Festival Libre at New City Gas. There will be all types of cuban food and cuban related stuff. View event>
- Another great party with an amazing lineup will be going on, check out Parc Cité presents: A-Rock, Shash'U and Ryan Playground at Apt.200. Parc Cité and En Masse got together for a collab in merchandise and they will be giving some away! View event>
- MELT 024 at Blizzarts always knows how to get you dancing and funked up. In this week's edition, Grandbuda is part of the lineup. Get there early! View event>
Friday, August 22nd
- Do you love anime? The Anime Festival Otakuthon 2014 at Palais Des Congrès de Montréal is starting and will be ongoing until Sunday! Cosplays and everything you can imagine when you think of Anime will be at the rendez-vous. View event>
- For the lovers of live bands, you'll definitely want to check out Tear Away Tusa & The Blacksmiths at Bistro de Paris on St. Denis. These guys are in from Guelph, Ontario- let's dance to their music and show them what Montreal's all about. This event is also FREE, so if you haven't heard their stuff before, we definitely suggest going to check them out! View event>
- If you are looking for something chill to do with a group of friends or family, go check out Montreal's reinvented hunted house Peur Dépôt in the Old Port.View event>
Saturday, August 23rd
- Want to spend your evening at the circus? FAQ: Circus Collective will be performing at Theatre Telus. With a very interesting concept, this performance is a mix of circus, dance and theatre that you just don't want to miss out on. View event>
- The Posh Life at Espace Des Arts is going to be a crazy night of fun! Some Posh merchandise will be given away, great music and good vibes only. There is a shuttle to the West Island if you live there. Don't miss this party! View event>
- Do you like to play with fire? Go to the Fire Ball Whiskey happening at Nacho Libre. We already know this will be insane, because Nacho Libre does that to people. View event>
- If you prefer foam to fire there is an All White Foam Party at L'Olympia that will be off the hook. A huge foam machine will be in the very middle of the dance floor. Ladies, take out your bikinis and break a leg. Not litterally! View event>
- If all that is not for you, how about locking yourself in a cage drinking champagne? The Champagne In A Cage party at GALT is going to have you shaking it as you pop bottles and dance to Dj Slava Bilan's house music. View event>
- There is a Brazilian themed party for Tupi Collective's Two Years Anniversary Party at Le Bleury Bar a Vinyl. Come dance to some samba, afropunk, hip hop and more. View event>
- Boat party!!! Jagermeister is throwing a boat party to highlight Darkroom's 1 Year Anniversary With D-Unity & Friends on a Boat and you should be there! Go dance the night out under the stars! View event>
- The Celestics, Pomo + Jeremy Karl, Lloyd & Oclaz at Cabaret Underworld will definitely get that place bumping. It is guaranteed you will have an amazing time enjoying all the great talent in this lineup. View event>
Sunday, August 24th
- With all the festivals that have been going on we really missed Piknik Electronik at Parc Jean-Drapeau. This might be the last piknik for some as some of you unlucky people will be starting school the very next day. View event>
- Go show some support to the Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre GOAL at their Benefit Concert With We Are Wolves, Caféïne & Eagle Tears at Theatre Corona. Great way to support a good cause while enjoying an awesome show!
- Tokyo Bar Sunday is the Sunday night spot! The terrace is perfect to take a break of the dance floor that is always hot as the Goontribe plays the best hip hop/R&B jams. View event>
Montreal, where will you party at?
Didn't mention your event? Let Marialys know via Twitter @MarialysDiaz
Grand Prix is taking over our beautiful island and it only means one thing; party, party, party and more party! There's the MTL Award with an awesome after party hosted by us and you totally have to be there. Besides our awesome party, here are the hottest spots this week end;
Thursday, June 5th
First things first, it is the first ever MTL Award Gala and After Party at Theatre Telus. Your favorite anything Montreal related will be gathered at Theatre Telus and may the best win! The Gala is an invite only event BUT you totally are invited to come party with us at the MTL Award After Party!!! With Mr.Nokturn, DJ Fynn and Love Thy Brother on deck, it will be awesome! Go buy your tickets if you still haven't, this will be epic!!! Buy tickets >
There's also GPF1 at GALT that will be a great party. Presented by Grey Goose, there will be lots of vodka, pretty girls and good music. View event>
Another F1 party, the F1 Grand Prix at HABITAT. Go dance to house music as you celebrate Montreal's F1. View event>
There is MELT013 at Blizzarts. It will be Nick Wisdom's birthday celebration and him, Cozy, Noo Bap and others will make you dance all night long. View event>
Friday, June 6th
Why not start your Friday slowly and smoothly by taking a stroll at the Monkland Village Grand Prix Festival 2014. Pass by the MTL BLog Kiosk and chop it up with us. We will be there all throughout the week end. View event>
FUNKtastique Fridays at La Porte Rouge is our usual spot. Go get your drink on and forget about your worries! View event>
There's more F1 celebration with GPF1 at GALT. This time you can dance to the sounds of NOTV, Driss Skali and Gone Deville. View event>
The F1 Grand Prix Marathon at HABITAT doesn't stop just yet. This time to the sounds of DROOG, Shades of Blk and Parango. View event>
If you want to party with Playboy babes and lots of champagne, the Champagne & Ladies Grand Prix After Party at Rouge is the place for you. View event>
Saturday, June 7th
Yes, more F1 party! The F1 Grand Prix Marathon at HABITAT continues! Massyl, Adam Solomon and others will make you dance all night. View event>
GPF1 at GALT will be a crazy party night! With Shash'U, Nick Wisdom, Ryan Playground and others on deck, we can guarantee you will have an amazing time! View event>
Listen to this track by Shash'U;
If you want to get funky, check out Voyage Funktastique at Le Bleury. Dr.Mad and Walla P will funk you up with their vinyl record collection. View event>
Sunday, June 8th
If you want to take it easy, remember Monkland Village Grand Prix Festival 2014 will still be on.
For the fans of dance competitions, there is the World Of Dance Montreal at Theatre Rialto. This will for sure be an exciting event. Go hangout with special guests; Ricky Cole, Chachi Gonzales and more. View event>
Obviously, Piknic Électronik at Parc Jean Drapeau is not to be missed. It will be perfect to go right after the F1 race ends. View event>
Burlesque dancers and kegs full of beer have probably never been part of the same party. One is sexy, classy, and risqué while the other is the epitome of wasted-bro culture. Together, however, they will combine to create a party with the best of both worlds: a summer burlesque kegger on June 5th.
Held in arguably the best venue in Montreal, Theatre Telus, this will be a party for the ages. Scantly clad ladies + gents and copious amounts of beer in a party-perfect space pretty much guarantee a good time.
Obviously we would be the masterminds behind such a debauchery party-concept, as the summer burlesque kegger at Theatre Telus is also the MTL Awards 2014 After Party.
Once the formal affair ends, the kegs will come out, the shooter bar will be set up, and all the pretty people in sexy costumes will populate Theatre Telus. You're all invited, of course.
If all that didn't sell you already, here are more party details to seal the deal on your attendance:
Re-fillable drink buckets to enjoy all that beer
Three live DJs (Love Thy Brother + Mr. Nokturn + DJ Fynn)
A giant dance floor, with plenty of room still available to chill and drink
Matching bracelets - find your party-partner and get free shots
An on-site food truck
You're getting all that jazz, and tickets are only $10. Get 'em here, while they last. Start your Grand Prix weekend off right with the best party of the summer thus far, and lets be real, the whole season.
Theatre Telus' Summer Burlesque Kegger aka The Mtl Awards 2014 After Party is this Thursday, June 5th. For more details join the Facebook event page.