10 All-New Montreal Restaurants Opening This Weekend
You can never have too many restaurants in one city.
This Saturday, May 17th, is International Restaurant Day, and Montreal is celebrating in full force.
A global event, Restaurant Day is held in over 27 countries, all with the same premise: create a pop-up restaurant for a single day.
Anyone can participate and live their restaurant-owner dreams, and more than a few Montrealers are taking part.
Here are the participating eateries of Montreal's Restaurant Day.
* Un ti-bécot*
- Get some sweet treats like cupcakes, cheesecakes, muffins.
La Belle Provence
- Not the classic MTL-eatery but will be serving some traditional Quebecois cuisine, all on a beautiful terrasse.
- In this back alley you can get some authentic Mexican, like tacos, quesadillas and home made salsa. Bringing your own beer fine too!
- Head to the third floor for some "Rimouski heat."
Mélange des cultures
- Two roommates are incorporating a mix of cuisines, from Chinese to Italian, for their delicious dishes.
The MTL kitchen collective
- Grab a light Saturday lunch of beet burgers on Portuguese buns and homemade iced tea, perfect for vegetarians/vegans.
- Burgers of all sorts will be served (beef, mushroom, egg) with all the fixings and with some wine on the side for drankin'.
Limonade LEMO Lemonade
- Enjoy some cooling lemonade and LEMO-creations at the park at St. Zotique and Clark.
Délices dans la ruelle
- Zesty vegetarian dishes and a live DJ await you.
Tard Tard chez Frank
- Signature meat, fish, and shellfish tartars by Frank. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org to get a spot
- Japanese, Indian, French-Mexican and Mexican cuisines at the low price of only $2-$5.
- Bring a bottle of your drink of choice and enjoy good food and some good jazz too.
- Tasty appetizers for all, and grilled chicken skewers with potato gratin and Senegalese rice for those staying for dinner.