10 Breakfast Egg Foodgasms You Need To Try
Sunny side up with bacon, scrambled with cheese and everything else in between.
Alright, it's Saturday morning and you're hungry, but who wants plain, old eggs? It's about time you treated yourself to some fanciness in the morning.
We've compiled a list of incredible egg dishes that you can easily (ok, maybe with some practice) cook up in your very own kitchen! Everyone's going to be coming over for brunch once they see what you can put together.
Lemon, Parsley and Parmesan Bread with Prosciutto and Egg
Ingredients: Baguette, eggs, lemon zest, milk, parsley, parmesan cheese and prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 350, slice 1/4 inch of the top of the baguette and hollow out top, slice into 1 inch pieces. Whisk together eggs, zest, milk, parsley and parmesan, stir in 1/2 cup bread pieces. Place hollowed-out bread on a baking sheet, place prosciutto in hollow, fill with egg mixture, bake for morning perfection.
Ingredients: Sliced onion, collard greens, heavy cream, artichoke bottoms, lemon juice, olive oil, eggs
- Preheat oven to 450, saute onions, add collards and wine, then add cream, simmer until thickened. Toss artichokes with lemon juice and oil, roast. Poach eggs. Place artichokes on plates, top with creamed collards and eggs. Eat!
Beans on Toast with Bacon and Eggs
Ingredients: Bacon, garlic, sage, rustic bread, cooked beans, eggs
- Heat a saute pan, add bacon and garlic, add sage. Transfer to plate and fry bread slices in fat until golden brown. Heat beans and fry eggs. Place toast, spoon beans on top, place 1 egg on each, top with bacon, garlic and sage.
Scrambled Eggs Donburi
Ingredients: Skinless salmon fillet, soy sauce, eggs, diced onion, tomato juice, cooking sake, rice, toasted nori, sesame seeds
- Place salmon in pot with salted cold water, bring to a simmer until almost fully cooked, transfer to a bowl, add soy sauce and flake. Whisk eggs, onion, tomato sauce and sake in a bowl, add to nonstick pan over medium heat until just set. Place rice, layer fish on top, crumble nori over fish then top with scrambled eggs. Bam! New favorite breakfast dish!
Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Herb Frittata
Ingredients: Asparagus, eggs, scallions, chives, goat cheese
- Bring medium pot of water to a boil, blanch asparagus, drain and place in ice water bath. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper, add chives, scallions and asparagus stalks. Preheat oven to 425, pour egg mixture until skillet until set, dollop goat cheese and asparagus spears on top. Bake eggs until completely set. Now you know how to make a frittata!
Chorizo, Potato and Egg Tacos
Ingredients: Poblano chile, chorizo, eggs, russet potato, tortillas
- Broil poblano until charred, put in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam. Rub with a paper towel to remove skin, take out stem and seeds, slice. Bring potato to a boil, add chorizo until fully cooked, then add eggs. Serve with tortillas.
Ingredients: Shallot, garlic, ginger, chopped tomatoes, small green chiles, cilantro, eggs, turmeric, cumin
- Heat oil in skillet, add shallot, garlic and ginger until soft. Add tomatoes, chiles, turmeric, cumin, cilantro, cook until sauce thickens. Break 1 egg into bowl, slide onto tomato sauce, repeat with remaining eggs, cover and cook until egg whites are set. Mmm-mmm, deeee-lish!
Sesame Toasts with Poached Eggs and Avocado
Ingredients: Avocado, lemon juice, sesame bread, watercress sprigs, oil, vinegar, eggs
- Halve avocado and mash with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Spread on toast, top with watercress and drizzle oil. Simmer water in large skillet, stir in vinegar, crack egg into a small bowl and gently pour into skillet while holding bowl over surface of water. Poach eggs. Place on top of toast, serve immediately (PS. You can poach eggs now!)
Fried Egg and Bacon Puff Pastry Squares
Ingredients: Sheet of frozen puff pastry, flour, eggs, bacon, chives
- Unfold puff pastry, roll out, cut into thirds then cut thirds into strips. Transfer to a baking sheet and freeze. Egg wash puff pastry, place 2 pieces of bacon per square and bake. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set, place 1 egg on top of each square and serve immediately.