32 “Secret Restaurants” In Montreal You’ve Got To Check Out
Keep it on the down low.
For anyone who has spent a significant amount of time living in Montreal, it comes as no surprise to discover that this city is bursting at the seams with restaurants, cafes and bars to sample. So many and so little time! We know, it's an anxiety provoking issue - and we're here to help you out!
We don't want you to have restaurant FOMO, so we did the homework for you. Here's a list of some of the "secret" spots in the city that are all a must try. Wether your vegetarian, meat-lover, or anything in between - there's something for everyone on this list - and in the city, of course. Enjoy!
32. Visit Cuisine Japonaise Cocoro in the Plateau for a warm bowl of savory and delicate Ramen
Visit Cuisine Japonaise Cocoro in Outremont to scratch your itch for delicious and savory Japanese treats. Every dish looks beyond tasty, and is sure to please the palette, check the link for more info!
31. Visit Ichigo Ichie Izakaya in the Plateau for a night of fun Izakaya vibes with a group of friends
Tasty Izakaya style treats in a warm and inviting atmosphere? Yes, please. Perfect for chilling with a group of friends on a cold winter evening. You'll almost forget it's winter outside. Check out their site for more info!
30. Indulge in juicy and explosive dumplings at La Maison De Mademoiselle Dumpling in the Plateau
Dumplings are quite possibly the most addictive food available in the city, they will stay in your mind for weeks. This little spot is tucked away on Plaza St-Hubert and is a must try.
29. Try some hearty Peruvian delicacies in a laid-back atmosphere at El 77 in the Mile-End
Got a ravenous hunger that can't seem to be satiated? Try El 77. Filling, nutritious, and delicious - all in one. This small joint is located in the heart of the Mile End and is must try. Check out the link below!
28. Chow down on authentic Eastern European Specialties until you can't move at Euro-Deli Batory
This unassuming Polish grocery store doubles as a casual restaurant serving up some fine tasting traditional Polish and Eastern European specialties such as borscht,perogies, stuffed cabbage rolls and much much more! Check out the link for more details!
27. Visit Sleek Sake Bar and restaurant Le Blossom in the heart of downtown (opening soon!)
I am so excited for this place to open, the downtown core is in desperate need of a breath of fresh air - and Blossom Bar will surely provide it. Check out their Facebook page for all the info!
26. For modern vegan whole food try Restaurant LOV
Restaurant LOV specializes in modern vegan and vegetarian dishes served up in a contemporary and sleek atmosphere. Visit their Facebook page for a little sneak peak and more info!
25. Sample some comfort food with a twist at Mauvais Garcons in the Old Port
This Old Port spot serves modern comfort food in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Great place to go with friends and share dishes. Visit their Facebook page for all the details!
24. Grab a modern cocktail at Atwater Cocktail Club in St-Henri
Atwater Cocktail club always seems to have a lineup outside. That means it must be good, right? The atmosphere is romantic and laid-back. Perfect for a first date or night out with friends. Check out the Facebook page below!
23. Sip a classic cocktail in a speak easy style atmosphere at Cloakroom Bar
This is a traditional speakeasy style concept bar serving up traditional cocktails in a modern atmosphere. Check out the Facebook page below for all the important info!
22. Try a tropical and sweet cocktail at BOHO MTL in the Old Port
Fun and vibrant Poke Bowl spot by day, cool and relaxing tiki-style bar by night - BOHO MTL has the best of both worlds. They serve up a list of funky tropical cocktails, some even have a full popsicle in them. Check out more info below!
21. Check out La Grenade in Plateau east for laid-back drinks and party jams
This east end spot is half indoors, laf outdoors making it an amazing summer drinking location, but it's equally as great in the winter. Serving classic cocktails and always playing good tunes. It's a great spot to start your night. Check out the link below for more info!
20. Check out Cambodian eats and drinks at Les Street Monkeys in Verdun
Serving up some insane looking cocktails and delicious Cambodian food, check out Les Street Monkeys which just opened up in quickly developing neighbourhood of Verdun. Check out their Facebook page for all the details!
19. Grab a pint at a true dive bar - Les Verres Sterilises on Rachel East
You know it's gonna be a good night when the bar has neon lights outside that look like they haven't been replaced since the early 90s. This is a no frills neighbourhood dive bar, perfect for a relaxing pint and a game of pool. Check out the Facebook page below!
18. Visit Magdalena Bar A Vin in St-Henri for a chill glass of wine
This cozy and intimate wine bar is located on Notre-Dame West. Of course, their speciality is the carefully curated wine list. Perfect for an post or pre dinner drink. Check out the Facebook page below for the details!
17. Check out concept bar La Champagnerie in the Old Port for a glass of bubbles
La Champagnerie located in the hear of the Old Port, specializes in - yes you guessed it - champagne. Great spot for your weekend night out. Check out the Facebook page for all the info below!
16. Catch a real Cappuccino at Cafe Vito - a corner spot located right in Little Italy
Good things come in small packages. In other words, this tiny coffee spot's size has nothing to with the quality of beverages offered. In fact, I would argue that they serve up one of the best cups in town. Visit their page below for all the details!
15. Stop by Cafe Perko in Villeray for a drink and a quick snack
The Villeray area with is located slightly East of Little Italy, is developing rapidly - due to inexpensive rents and cute and charming little coffee shops such as Cafe Perk popping up left and right. Check out the Facebook page for all the info!
14. Take a stroll down St-Hubert and pop into Cafe Pista for a latte and even brunch!
This neighbourhood spot serves up delicious looking lattes and speciality coffees as well as your brunch and lunch classics, all wrapped up in a warm and welcoming environment. Bring your laptop and hang all day. Check out the Facebook page for more info!
13. Indulge in a warm beverage and hearty brunch at Fixe Cafe Bistro
Fixe Cafe Bistro is located on St-Hubert street and serves up trendy yet hearty looking brunch dishes in a cozy and intimate atmosphere. Check out their Facebook page for the info!
12. Head to Point-Saint-Charles for a cozy coffee experience at Cafe Bloom
Isn't it great when a restaurant makes you feel like you escaped the city - feeling as if you took a micro-trip to another country for a couple hours. Check out Cafe Bloom for a quick escape. More info in the link below!
11. For a taste of third wave coffee at it's best visit Caffe Farina on Notre-Dame
This understated spot in Saint-Henri speciality is coffee. They do, however, serve a variety of sandwiches, salads and other sweet snacks. Check out the Facebook page below for all the info!
10. Visit Leaves Cafe for a unique and lush coffee experience
Leaves Cafe is all about immersing you in their charming, bright, clean, and of course - lush environment. This peaceful and calm atmosphere is perfect for bringing your laptop and get to work. Check out the Facebook page for all the info!
9. Check out cozy but modern Cafe Larue & Fils Jarry for a neighbourhood feeling
Located on Jarry East Cafe Larue & Fils serves up classic insta-ready speciality coffees and baked treats. The charming and warm atmosphere makes it a great spot for hanging all day. Check out their Facebook page below!
8. Visit Restaurant Well in Verdun for a colourful and healthy brunch
Brunch classics re-done in a contemporary way is Restaurant Well's speciality. Serving up fluffy cloud-like pancakes and hearty eggs and sausage classics, there are no excuses to miss out. Check out their Facebook page below!
7. For a hangover- cure- worthy style brunch check out Le Bon Vivant in St-Henri
Serving up some mean looking brunch in a modern industrial atmosphere, Le bon Vivant is a the place to nurse away last nights mistakes with some home-cooked goodness on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Check out their Facebook page below!
6. Hang out and enjoy breakfast in Cafe Osmos original atmosphere
Cafe Osmo is located on Sherbrooke Street West, and with it's unique atmosphere and aesthetic will make you feel like you stepped out of Montreal for a second. Serving vibrant and healthy looking brunches all weekend. Check out their Facebook page for all the info!
5. For Mediterranean-inspired brunch visit 3734 on Notre Dame Ouest
Modern Portuguese restaurant, simply named 3734 - serves up brunch all weekend long, and it looks incredible. Check out their Facebook page below for all the info!
4. Visit Pub Le Pourvoyeur for a classic weekend brunch and drinks
Mimosas with brunch? Of course. Check out Pub Le Pourvoyeur if drunk brunch is your thing. Serving up all brunch classics with a hearty twist. Facebook page below for more info!
3. Try some elevated brunch classics at Caribou Gourmand in the Plateau
Brunch food that hits the spot. Check out Caribou Gourmand, serving up brunch classics with a twist in a warm chalet-like environment. Check out the Facebook page below for all the details!
2. Indulge in a unforgettable brunch at Restaurant Le Passe Compose in the Plateau
If your looking for that kind of brunch that fills you up to the point where all you can find the energy to do is roll onto your couch for a day of Netflix - then this is your spot. Check out the link below for details!
1. For a healthy and light choice visit Le Sain Bol in the Plateau
A small little gem tucked away in the Plateau serves up vibrant and healthy whole foods for brunch. A good option for your post-gym or run brunch for the weekend. Visit their Facebook page below for all the info!