Mac & Cheese Stuffed Meatballs? Yes, Mac & Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
You will want to eat a hundred of these.
Photo cred - Spend With Pennies
There's no shortage of Mac & Cheese lovers in Montreal. Which is why we're bringing you one of the most original macaroni and cheese recipes we've ever come across.
The mad food scientists over at Spend With Pennies have taken Meat balls and stuffed them with a generous serving of delicious macaroni and cheddar cubes. Imagine serving them to unsuspecting guests and seeing the look on their face as they bite into these little miracles.
Here's the recipe:
('cause we know you're gonna need it)
- 1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 1 egg
- Half a cup of panko breading
- Half a cup of grated cheddar
- Half a tablespoon of fresh ground pepper
- 10 small cubes of cheddar
- 1 cup of prepared macaroni and cheese (any kind will do)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare your meatballs by combining your beef, shredded cheese, egg, onion, breading and pepper.
- Divide your mixture into 10 portions and flatten them into thin circles.
- Top each portion with mac and cheese and 1 cheese cube.
- Seal in the mac and cheese and shape your meat balls.
- Bake your meatballs on a pan lined with parchment paper. (you can brush BBQ sauce on them if you choose)
- Bake for 24-26 minutes or until the center reaches 160 degrees.
Check out the full recipe at Spend With Pennies.
Check out more of my food stories: