Margarita Watermelon Slices Are The Summer Treat You Need To Eat
Watermelon? Good! Tequila? Great!
If you're looking for a healthy way to get wasted this summer, have we got the recipe for you. Okay, that might sound like a little bit of a contradiction. Alcohol isn't really the healthiest thing to be consuming on a daily basis, but watermelon is a fruit. And fruits are healthy. Do they cancel each other out so you can eat an infinite amount of spiked watermelon and nothing bad will happen? If you're a dreamer, yes. But in reality, no. The key to everything is moderation. So try not to go overboard with these morsels of heaven from divascancook.com.
What you need:
- 1 baby watermelon
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of boiling water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- Limes & margarita salt for garnish
- Cut the watermelons into wedged slices.
- Place the slices on a large cooking sheet in one layer.
- Get yourself a bowl. Add the sugar and the boiling water, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Let that cool down. Then add the lime juice and alcohol.
- Pour your mixture over each watermelon slice. Cover it and put it in the fridge for 12 hours or more (max 24 hours)
- Garnish with the margarita salt and lime (if you make it that far)
- My favorite step: repeat, and enjoy.