The Falafel Crust Pizza Is What Foodie Dreams Are Made Of
You'll never look at pizza the same way again.
Making pizza is pretty easy and offers infinite amount of possibilities. Once you have you crust and your sauce, you can pretty much throw anything you want on top of it., , . But what if instead of the toppings, we decided to alter the crust instead? It's been done before after all. Pizza crusts have already been replaced by: (yes, watermelon), and . But this next one puts all those others pizza to shame. I've never wanted to try a recipe so badly in my entire life.
Behold the Falafel Crust Pizza:
Think about it, an entire crust made of crushed falafel! You can throw on toppings that have no place on a regular pizza: Hummus, shwarma meat maybe even some taboule salad. This one has been topped with pesto, red onions, cherry tomatoes and kale.
You can either follow this incredibly intimidating recipe by youmustlovefood or you can try my MacGyvered version:
- Buy some about 12 to 5 Falafel balls, it will save you a whole lot of trouble.
- Crush them all down to make a crust about 1/4 inch thick
- Throw it in the oven for 8 minutes at 350º to help it bind.
- Throw on a bit of pesto followed by the rest of your ingredients and drizzle a bit of olive oil on top
- Throw the whole thing back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes and check it often to make sure the crust doesn't burn.