The Mojito Jello Shot Is The Most Refreshing Thing You'll Try This Summer
Because liquid shots are for squares.
What can possibly be better than Jello shots? Sucking Jello shots out of a lime wedge. And what can possibly be more refreshing than a Mojito? Absolutely nothing. Which is why this recipe from Emma Chapman at A Beautiful Mess is probably the best way to celebrate summer in Montreal.
Plus, they look adorable. So, not only will you be refreshed, but you'll be impressing everyone while you're at it. Sold? Good. Grab your friends and a sh!tload of limes, because here's how to make this glorious treat:
What you need:
- 3/4 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of white rum
- 3 envelopes of plain Jell-O
- 3 stems of fresh mint with the leaves
How you do it:
- Combine the water + sugar in a pot over medium heat
- Stir until the sugar dissolves. Then take it off the heat and add the Jell-O powder
- Put the lime juice and 2 of the 3 mint stems with the leaves. Let it sit for about 15 minutes
- Take out the stems and add in the rum
- Hollow out your limes and pour in your mixture
- Garnish with the remaining mint leaves
- Stick it in the fridge for 3 hours
And voilà, my friends. Heaven in a citrus fruit.