Waffle Iron Sushi? Yes, Waffle Iron Sushi
It's the newest sushi trend that you need to try.
I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone has tried a sushi roll at least once in their life, and if you're not crazy, you know that it's one of the most delicious creations on the planet. But now things are about to get even more mouth watering.
The legendary Vulgar Chef has come up with a new twist for this glorious dish: waffle iron sushi, and it's pretty much what you'd except. You get all of the deliciousness of sushi, warmed up with an extra crispiness and crunch. And if you happen to have any leftover sushi, this is perfect way to eat it.
What You'll Need:
- Cold Sushi (leftovers or grocery store sushi work perfectly)
- Waffle Iron
- Place the sushi it in the freezer for about 20 minutes
- Turn your waffle iron on to the highest setting, until you see smoke
- Brush both sides of the roll with some form of oil, and spray the waffle iron to ensure maximum crispiness
- Place the roll on the iron and close the lid (but don't press down)
- When the outsides look brown and crispy, unplug the iron and let the roll sit for another 30-60 seconds
- Remove it carefully, dip in the sauce of your choosing and enjoy!