The Best Organic Wines You Can Get In Montreal
A wine connoisseur reveals his top picks.
Remember when I wrote a post titled "don't contain any at all) than non-organic wines, therefore they are "safer" for you even if you're allergic to them. Your body will react less severely to it and, ultimately, you will feel wonderful after your night of drinking."? Well, the good news is - organic wines contain less sulfites (or, sometimes,
With the help of a Montreal tattoo artist as well as an amateur organic sommelier, Donovan McRae a.k.a. @dmtattooer, we were able to put together the ultimate list of organic wines available in Montreal for our readers. If you know nothing about organic wines, like myself, you will appreciate this compilation. Save this for your next trip to the SAQ. You're welcome.
Luzon Organic (careful, they make non-organic as well)
- Great Spanish red wine
- Smooth medium bodied
- in my top 5 picks
Tetramythos Kalavryta Organic
- Really nice Greek red
- a touch towards the sweeter side
- very fair and worth it at 16.85$
Chateau Lionel Faivre Organic
- Get the Cabernet Sauvignon
- Easiest Bio wine to find in stores
- Nice easy breezy red wine, but hit and miss, sometimes great sometimes meh
Château des Estanilles (L'Impertinent) Organic
- Often found at Krikland SAQ
Di Giovanna - Nerello Mascalese Organic
- Flavorful Italian red
- Only had it once but really enjoyed it
Côte Roannaise - Vincent Willenbucher - Vieilles Vignes Organic
- Very interesting French red wine
- Had bought two bottles, one was spoiled and had to return it, the other was excellent!
- 21.30$ worth the price for an interesting taste
Moraza Tempranillo Organic
- Spanish red, similar to Nerola and Nerollo
- From Austria
- They make 3 kinds which I am sure are all good, I had the Blaufrankish 3 times. It's fun!
- Often found at SAQ Kirkland
Above are on my top rated list, bellow are some I wouldn't suggest:
- Cono sur Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chateau la Lieu
- Albet i Noya
- 35 South
- Chemin de Roubia
- Domaine des Huards
- Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre
- Adobe Reserva
- Domaine du Petit Roubie
- Barbera D'Alba
- Vento Di Mare
A good trick is to use the SAQ website to see which stores have the wines you are looking for.
Please follow Donovan McRae on Instagram here.