22 Things You Can Look Forward To In Montreal This Summer 2015
The most wonderful time of the year.
Photo cred - L'International des Feux Loto-Québec
As we finally near the end of this forsaken Song of Ice, and well, Ice, and draw ever-closer to non-skin-freezing temperatures, every Montrealer has one glorious vision illuminating our brains, keeping us going, that makes everything better: Summer Is Coming.
The real most wonderful time of the year marks the return of amazing and wondrous events, festivals and celebrations of all kinds, that truly set this city apart as the cultural playground of Canada, and dare we say, the world. In a few too-short months, we cram so much summer goodness in our pipes, it makes living in this climate the rest of the year at all possible.
Every year around this time, though, after the constant onslaught of never-ending snow, windchill factors, ice-storms and slush, the very idea of summer can become such an alien concept, a hazy fairy-tale lost in the land of the dreamworld, we actually start doubting it ever existed.
That's why a little reminder to help us get stoked about all that is to come goes a long way. So for all you lovers of fun in the sun, buried away deep in winter hibernation, waiting for the return of the good times, take a look at all the major events to look forward to this summer 2015, and start planning. You know it will come and go before you know it.
1. Feasting from delicious food trucks at First Fridays at the Olympic Stadium (More Info)
2. Mega dance-offs at Piknic Electronik at Parc Jean-Drapeau (More Info)
3. Lazy Sundays spent at the Tam Tams at Mont-Royal Park ()
Photo cred – Michael Vesia
4. The sky sorcery of the International Fireworks Competition At La Ronde (More Info)
5. Cultural overload at the Montreal Fringe Festival (More Info)
6. The total takeover of Grand Prix Weekend Mania (More Info)
7. Getting drunk at the Mondiale De La Bière Festival (More Info)
8. All the music of Les FrancoFolies Montreal (More Info)
9. The beautifying of our city walls during Mural Fest on Saint-Laurent Street (More Info)
10. All the Saint-Jean Baptiste Day Celebrations (More Info)
11. Montreal's massive AIM EDM Festival (More Info)
12. Montreal's International Jazz Festival at Quartier Des Spectacles (More Info)
13. Canada Day and the Saint-Catherine Street Parade (More Info)
14. All the hilarity of Montreal's Juste Pour Rire Festival (More Info)
15. The awesomeness that is the Fantasia Film Fest (More Info)
16. Letting your freak flag fly high during Divers/Cite (More Info)
17. Three days of Osheaga musical magic at Parc Jean-Drapeau ()
18. Getting in touch with your inner Italian during Italian Week In Little Italy (More Info)
19. Head-banging at Heavy MTL Music Festival at Parc Jean-Drapeau (More Info)
20. Getting transported to different dimensions at îleSoniq Music Festival at Parc Jean-Drapeau (More Info)
21. Showing your P.L.U.R at the Montreal Gay Pride Parade (More Info)
22. Getting geeky at Montreal's Otakuthon Festival (More Info)
Soon Montreal. Soon.