50 Things To Do This July 2014 In Montreal
Summer is at its peak, enjoy it before it's gone.
Photo cred - Jean-Michael Seminaro photographe
No one will be bored in July because this month is jam-packed with events of all sorts. Films, parties, and many a festival are all going down in July, so many that this list could have easily been 100+, but we weeded out the weak-sauce stuff and are giving you a synthesized version of all the awesome stuff to check out during the month.
Plan out these next four weeks and get ready for some summer fun with these 50 things to do in Montreal in July:
1. Canada Day Celebrations: July 1st, get on it right now with.
2. And Then There Was Light Sound And Light Show: all month long @ Notre Dame Basilica
3. Montréal Complètement Cirque: July 2nd to 13th, get the lowdown.
4. Rendez-Vouz of Italian Cinema: every Wednesday from July 2-August 6 @ Parc Dante
5. Fiat Breakout Car Show: July 6th @ Little Italy, and all the info is
6. Promenade Masson Sidewalk Sale: July 2-6th @ Masson, from d’Iberbille to 12th Avenue
7. Old Montreal Ghost Hunt: July 4-August 29th
8. Musical Brunches in Old Montreal: July 5-August 31st @ Place Jacques-Cartier
9. Week-ends du Monde: July 5-6 & 12-13 at Parc-Jean Drapeau
10. Picnik Electronik: every Sunday at Parc Jean-Drapeau, with a special Saturday event July 5th
11. First Friday Food Truck Festival: Friday July 4th @ Olympic Stadium
12. Royal Phoenix's Party de Cloture: Friday July 4th, your last chance to party at RP
13. Montreal Alouettes Home Games: July 4th & July 11th
14. Korean Film Festival: July 4-10th
15. Shakespeare in the Park: July 4-August 2nd, get the full list of showings/locations here
16. Monkland Village Sidewalk Sale: July 5-11th @ Monkland, from Girouard to Royal
17. Free Fantasia Film Fest Screening: July 5th @ Concordia's Hall Building (FB event)
18. Vans Warped Tour: July 5th @ Parc Jean-Drapeau ()
19. Carifiesta Caribbean Festival: July 5-7th, we got you.
20. Jazz Fest: ongoing 'til July 6th. Here's somefor the thrifty.
21. Festival International Nuits d’Afrique: July 8-20th @ Quartier des Spectacles
22. Festival International de Lanaudière: July 8-August 10th, more info on the website.
23. Beaux Dégâts 20: July 9th @ Foufounes Électriques ()
24. Free Pancake Fundraiser w/Chuck Hughes: July 9th, learn where.
25. Atmosph'Air Outdoor Festival: July 9-13th, @ St. Hubert, from Bellechase and Jean-Talon
26. Village Sidewalk Sale: July 10-13th, @ St. Cats from Berri to Papineau
27. FIFA World Cup Final Viewing: Sunday July 13th, as part of the final day of Week-end du Monde
28. ZooFest: July 10-31st, all around the city
29. Downtown Film Screening Under The Stars: July 12th & 13th, find out.
30. St. Catherine Sidewalk Sale: July 12th and 13th
31. Hip Hop Karaoke: July 12th @ Le Belmont ()
32. The Pizza Underground: July 12th @ Il Motore, your chance to see Macauly Culking sing about pizza! Find out why.
33. Just For Laughs Festival: July 12-26th, main festivities going down in Quartier des Spectacles
34. IleSoniq Pre-Party @ Beachclub: July 13th, we gotfor ya
35. Fantasia Film Festival: July 17-August 5th
36. Jackalope 2014 World Cup Skateboarding Competition: July 18-20th at Olympic Stadium
37. La Fête des enfants de Montréal: July 19th & 20th @ Parc Jean-Drapeau
38. Haïti en folie: July 22-27th, mainly in the Plateau
39. Chinatown Sidewalk Sale: July 23-27th
40. MEG Montréal: July 24-August 02, be sure not to miss.
41. Montreal's Dragon Boat Challenge: July 26th & 27th @ Parc Jean-Draeau, find out.
42. Opening of North America's first ever Cat Cafe: get more info as to where up in.
43. International Firework Competition: every Saturday, all month long, with more details.
44. Art in The Sand: onging 'til July 25th at the Clock Tower Beach, details.
45. Justin Timberlake Concerts: July 25-26th @ the Bell Centre ()
46. White Yoga Montreal: July 27th @ Olympic Stadium
47. Divers/Cité: July 28-August 3rd, main festivities in the Old Port
48. Land InSights/Montréal First Peoples Festival: July 29-August 5th @ Quartier des spectacles
49. Open-air OSM Concerts: July 30-August 1st, another event will be held in August too.
50. Osheaga & MEG Showcase: July 31st @ La Sala Rossa ()
Bonus: Village Éphémère: All of July this new amazinglocated just under Jacques Cartier bridge will be open to enjoy the nice weather as well as to experience the each week.
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte