Downtown Montreal Is Getting A 1920s Inspired Hotel On Drummond Street
When old and new collide this place will open up your eyes wide.
Photo cred - Tidanhotels
Every year, tons of new establishments open all around Montreal, including restaurants, bars, and less frequently, hotels. 2015 will see the opening of one new hotel in the city, the Hotel Mount Stephen, which has already been named one of the 10 hotels in the world to open this year worth splurging on, as ranked by The New York Post.
Reinvigorating the classic 1920s establishment, which was originally a social club, the Hotel Mount Stephen will meld the building's original architecture with modern hotel flair. Aside from the hotel standard of a restaurant, the Mount Stephen will boast an urban spa, two bars, and a joint tower consisitng of 90 rooms, some of which will have their own personal terrasse. Pretty swanky.
The exact rates for the Hotel Mount Stephen are as of yet unknown, though other hotels on the NYP's list range from $290 to $930 per night, so expect Montreal's newest lodging to be in a similarly pricey range. This is a list of hotels to splurge on, after all.
To see who else ranked on the list, check out the New York Post's list of 10 hotels opening in 2015 that are worth the splurge below.
- Keemala, Phuket (Thailand) - $526/night
- The Gainsborough Bath Spa, Bath (England) - $454/night
- The Knickerbocker Hotel, New York City - $495/night
- JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa, Italy - $494/night
- The Reverie Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City - $290/night
- Club Med Finolhu Villas, Maldives - $626/night
- Hard Rock Hotel Dubai Marina - TBA
- Mandarin Oriental, Marrakech - $930/night
- Hotel Mount Stephen, Montréal - TBA
- The South Beach, Singapore - TBA
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte