The Montreal Week-Ender: August 7th - August 10th
More festivals, More parties!
Photo Cred -
Montrealers, you might have partied hard last week but guess what? This city doesn't sleep and there's already another festival taking over Parc Jean-Drapeau. Again this week, we have gathered the funnest and most popular events in the city for you to attend and enjoy. No matter your music taste, we got something for you, we don't discriminate. Take a look at the suggestions below of this week end's events;
Thursday, August 7th
- This evening, there is Cheeseburgers for Charity at Rosalie's. Drinks and food taste really good when it's for a good cause.
- There is La Diamanterie - Vernissage at Station 16. The gallery is looking very good and you should pass by to check it out.
- Parc Cité and Saintwoods are bringing all the way from Paris the house Dj/Producer Shiba San to App.200. This will be a great party that you don't want to miss.
- Pipo Thursday at Salon Officiel is the weekly night you want to attend to dance to a variety of music styles. This week's edition is with Young Suzuki.
- MELT 022 at Blizzarts is happening again! They will be giving out ice cream. Yes, free ice cream so you can properly feel the whole MELT experience, with your mouth and ears. This will be a particular edition of the event as it is Noo-Bap's birthday and Nick Wisdom's homecoming.
Listen to Noo-Bap's track below;
Friday, August 8th
- Want to party on a boat? You know you want to! The Soundwave Yacht Party By Mins Management at the Old Port will be off the hook! Partying with some belly dancers to some live percussions followed by a dj set sounds very good to us.
Photo Cred -
- Du Mur À La Toile at B1 Bar is an event that will be showcasing a graffiti exposition followed by a live presentation of graffs. Music provided by YellowShades and Mark TheMagnanimous, so you know this will be hot!
- If you're thing is indie/rock, don't miss Gazoline, Foreign Diplomats, Choses Sauvages at La Sala Rossa. Great talent deserves great support.
Listen and look at Foreign Diplomats track Queens and Kings below;
Saturday, August 9th
- If you love graffitis you're probably aware that Under Pressure, the graffiti convention is happening on Ste-Catherine street. Great event if what you want is to hang out outdoors and it will be throughout the week end, if ever you can't make it on Saturday.
- Are you ready for Heavy MTL at Parc Jean-Drapeau? Yes, it's on this week end. Always hosting the best festivals, Parc Jean Drapeau will be taken over by heavy metal and rock lovers. Be careful if you get caught up in a mosh pit as you wild out to Metallica and other bands!
- Do you know FKA Twigs? If you don't you should. FKA Twigs and P.Morris at Cabaret du Mile-End will be a crazy show and if you don't already have a ticket you can go and hangout by the cabaret hoping for someone to sell you theirs because it is sold out!
Check out this her super sexy video for her track Papi Pacify;
Sunday, August 10th
Piknic Électronik at Parc Jean Drapeau is back! This week's edition will highlight Music Is My Sanctuary 7th year in business. This party will be hot and we hope to see you there.
- You also want to pass by Tokyo Bar Sunday. The old school hip hop, R&B jams never fail to pump up the party!
- Check out Under Pressure Free Show: Afrika Bambaataa at Foufounes Electriques. This will be great to celebrate Under Pressure's graffiti festival.
Look at this super cool old school video of Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force;
Montreal, where will you party at?
Didn't mention your event? Let Marialys know via Twitter @MarialysDiaz