An airplane leaving from Quebec City's Jean Lesage airport was quickly evacuated today after passengers began to fall ill.

After the passengers were taken to Saint Sacrament hospital it became clear that the passengers were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

READ ALSO: These 25 Cities In Canada Ranked The Worst For Bed Bug Infestations

TL;DR An Air Transat airplane had to be evacuated this morning after passengers began to feel ill onboard. After evacuation, ambulances were called for the passengers who we now know were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Quebec City's Saint Sacrament Hospital has since issued a Code Orange in preparation for the influx of patients.

Not many details are known about the incident but we will continue to update this article as more comes to light.

What we do know is that the flight from Quebec City was headed to Fort Lauderdale.

The Air Transat flight (flight #782) had 180 passengers on board and at least seven have been taken to the hospital.

The CBC has stated that at least 12 people were feeling ill, though it is unclear if they have all been taken to the hospital or not.

CTV has said the plane was in the process of de-icing when passengers began to feel ill, implying that the gas leak was on the airplane.

Other reports indicate that the plane was forced to make an emergency stop in order to deal with the ill passengers.

Multiple ambulances quickly made their way to the airport and transported the unwell passengers to Saint Sacrament hospital.

The hospital has declared a Code Orange, which means they are preparing for a large influx of patients who have been "exposed to hazardous materials," according to CTV.

It appears that AirTransat has not yet made a comment on the incident yet.

We will keep you posted on any updates as they happen.


 

Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications