Here's Everything You Need To Know About Montreal's 5 New Metro Stations
The blue line extension is officially underway.
For years now, Montreal has been teasing about the possibility of a Blue Line extension, and today the official announcement has been made.
It's been a long wait, but now that it's actually happening it's time to find out all the juicy details we've been waiting for.
So forget about the boring details you don't care about, because we're going straight to the point.
Here's everything you need to know about the STM's Blue Line Extension:
1. There will be 5 new stations added in total.
2. The metro tunnels will be extended by 5.8 kilometers.
3. The new stops will be located along Jean Talon - Pie IX - Viau - Lacordaire - Langelier and Galeries d’Anjou
4. The locations of the new metro stations were chosen because they had some of the busiest bus routes in Montreal.
5. Construction will cost $3.9 billion
6. Construction is expected to be completed by 2026.