Rising temperatures have led to an increase in the number of people flocking to Montreal parks. But as more people head out to enjoy sunny skies, Legault is cautioning against a widespread abandonment of public health guidelines. At his press briefing Tuesday, he made clear that "if the contagion restarts, we'll have to put the [brakes] on the reopening and put Quebec back on pause."\n"We are going in the right direction, but now it's not the time to stop all our efforts. I'm counting on you all."\nHe encouraged Quebecers to keep their distance from other individuals and to wear masks while taking public transit.\n"It's no time to let our guard down. The virus is still there."\nThe subtle warning came one day after Legault acknowledged that he, himself, had witnessed "groups of five, six, certainly, that were within two meters" of each other in Montreal parks.\nHe also announced Monday that the government is moving forward with the May 25 reopening date previously established for Montreal-area retail shops with their own entrances from the outside.\nThe Premier additionally signalled that public health authorities are evaluating the possibility of permitting group gatherings.\n"I can tell you that I ask this question every morning, including this morning, to [National Public Health Director] Dr. Arruda in our preparation, and Dr. Arruda has told me in the next few days that we should be able to have a clearer indication of the gatherings."\nAujourd’hui, on annonce qu’on a le feu vert pour rouvrir les commerces et les services de garde dans la région de Montréal aux dates prévues. Il n’y a rien de gagné encore, mais c’est encourageant.Je compte sur vous. pic.twitter.com/yC4Z9EKIf2— François Legault (@francoislegault) May 18, 2020\nThese announcements Monday were the clearest indication yet that government and public health officials are now satisfied with the trajectory of the outbreak in the Montreal metropolitan community (CMM) — a situation the Premier previously called "worrisome" and that Dr. Arruda said Tuesday is still "fragile."\nThis Wednesday marks the reopening of national parks and the resumption of some sporting activities across the province, including the CMM.\nAnd last week, municipal leaders outlined a plan to convert hundreds of kilometres of streets into more pedestrian and bike-friendly paths in anticipation of an active summer public realm.\n#COVID19 : Cet été, nous proposons à la population les Voies actives sécuritaires, qui feront de Montréal une ville agréable et sécuritaire où tous pourront se déplacer en respectant les règles de distanciation, redécouvrir leur ville et encourager nos commerçants. #polmtl pic.twitter.com/nXEySrnmJE— Valérie Plante (@Val_Plante) May 15, 2020\nLegault's warning on Tuesday, however, appeared to temper any enthusiasm.\nThe coming days and weeks, it seems, will be critical in determining the path forward for Quebec and especially Montreal.\n#COVID19: 112 km of safe active routes will be created. These temporary pedestrian and cycling routes are in addition to the planned infrastructures and the 900 km of existing lanes. This summer, 1,200 km will be available for safe active travel. #polmtl https://t.co/wA75DqRDbN pic.twitter.com/ABlNM1JIjs— Valérie Plante (@Val_Plante) May 15, 2020\nStay tuned for more news.