Photo cred - LMPhillipson

It seems 2017 is going to be a very busy year for Montreal, with already many plans to revitalize and upgrade our fair city, with tens of millions of dollars being invested for its 375th anniversary. So far there is talk of a massive makeover of Espace pour la vie (Biodome, Botanical Gardens, Insectarium), turning the Bonaventure Expressway into an "Urban Boulevard", as well as a complete overhaul of the congested Pie-Ix/Sherbrooke intersection. Now there is word of a brand-new $20 million swimming pool set to be built in Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie in 2017.

According to Le journal de Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie, the borough is seeking to finance this ambitious project which would see the current swimming pool, originally built in 1949 and located on the corner of 8e Avenue and boulevard Rosemont, completely rebuilt from the ground up. The center today can no longer handle the high-demand anymore, seeing some 53,000 users in 2014.

This new aquatic center would offer an 8-lane pool, a jet pool, competitive diving boards, and spectator stands, as well as be LEED-certified, and would be built over 43,000 sq.ft. in the area directly behind where the Rosemont pool currently sits.

As it stands now, Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie would finance 20% of total cost with the remaining 80% covered by the city, with hopes that the provincial government will chip in $16 million. If it all goes to plan, this project is slated to be finished by 2017, and would give Montreal a whole new state-of-the-art venue for water sports.

And now you're surely asking yourself, "But what about our roads?" Indeed.

Source

Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications