At a press conference Thursday, Montreal Regional Public Health Director Dr. Mylène Drouin said Montreal has "attained a plateau."\nAt the provincial level, officials are also preparing a "deconfinement plan."\nBut challenges remain, especially in senior residences.\nVisit MTLBlog for more headlines.\nThough the COVID-19 pandemic continues to dominate our way of life, Montreal has reached a "plateau." The good news was announced on Thursday afternoon by Regional Public Health Director Dr. Mylène Drouin. "If we look at the cases today and yesterday, we have attained a plateau," she explained.\nMontreal has been the epicentre of the pandemic in Quebec, with 7,281 cases as of April 16. 332 people have passed away.\nDr. Drouin went on to explain that even though there was an over 400-person increase in the number of cases in Montreal, around 200 of them are "linked epidemiologically."\nThis means that roughly half of those cases are counted because those 200 people live with people who are confirmed to have COVID-19.\nOn the provincial level, too, Premier Legault has suggested that there is evidence of stabilization, saying Thursday that the situation in hospitals is "under control."\nThe provincial government is also preparing a "deconfinement" plan.\nThough he said businesses would gradually reopen, he previously stated that social distancing rules would last for "months."\nOther challenges remain, as well.\n"Our biggest concern is for the senior citizens living in residences and CHSLDs," said Dr. Drouin.\n82 such residences in Montreal have at least one confirmed case of the disease, according to Santé Montréal.\nLegault also called the situation in senior homes "critical."\n#COVID19 : Nous continuons de suivre la situation de près à Montréal et annonçons aujourd'hui de nouvelles mesures dans le domaine du transport par taxi et pour informer nos personnes aînées des ressources qui s'offrent à elles. #polmtl pic.twitter.com/1DCxcZXQLn— Valérie Plante (@Val_Plante) April 16, 2020\nThe focus is now on helping this vulnerable population.\nMontreal will begin sending automated calls to elders across the city.\n"I want you to know that if you receive a call, it's not phishing and it's important to listen to the whole message," said Mayor Plante.\nPublic health officials are also working on the best solution on how to integrate new health care workers in CHSLDs on the island.\n#COVID19 : Pour mieux informer les personnes aînées, la @MTL_Ville et la @Santepub_Mtl, en collaboration avec le 211, mettent en place des appels automatisés qui seront faits auprès de 225 000 personnes de 70 ans et plus de l'agglomération de Montréal. #polmtl pic.twitter.com/dRuN6jFxTp— Valérie Plante (@Val_Plante) April 16, 2020\n"We're working hard to prevent more outbreaks on the island of Montreal," said Dr. Drouin.\n#COVID19 - Au Québec, en date du 16 avril 2020 à 13h, la situation est la suivante :15 857 cas confirmés132 714 analyses négatives (cas infirmés)1018 personnes hospitalisées630 décèsPour en savoir plus sur la situation au Québec : https://t.co/fiqW5E4y8R— Santé Québec (@sante_qc) April 16, 2020\nStay tuned for more news.