At his daily press update, Premier François Legault, accompanied by Health Minister Danielle McCann and Dr. Horacio Arruda, announced that there are now 15,857 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Quebec, an increase of 997. Another 143 confirmed deaths bring the total to 630. But he made clear that the majority of the 143 deaths did not occur in the last 24 hours.\n"There was a change in public health's approach to data entry and then there was also a lot of epidemiological analysis that was done on patients who died within the last week," he explained.\nThere was yet another slight decrease in the number of intensive care patients.\nThe Premier explained that numbers are stabilizing in hospitals across the province.\nAfter requesting earlier in the week that anyone with relevant medical training pitch in and help with the critical situation in senior residences, he confirmed that over 2,000 health care professionals answered the call.\nOn Thursday, Legault asked for even more help from graduating or recently graduated medical students from the province's universities.\nHe assured that those who applied to help out in CHSLDs will hear back in the next few days.\nAs the situation stabilizes in hospitals, Legault said his government is preparing its plan for "deconfinement" and the reopening of businesses.\n#COVID19 - Au Québec, en date du 16 avril 2020 à 13h, la situation est la suivante :15 857 cas confirmés132 714 analyses négatives (cas infirmés)1018 personnes hospitalisées630 décèsPour en savoir plus sur la situation au Québec : https://t.co/fiqW5E4y8R— Santé Québec (@sante_qc) April 16, 2020\nHe made clear, however, that the process would be "gradual."\nMore details will be out in the "next few days," but the Premier assured that "we start with the companies, we want to do it [...] in an intelligent way with all the rules that Dr. Arruda gives us."\nOn April 8, Legault suggested that any reopening plan would still include social distancing measures.\nIl y a beaucoup de personnel qui s’absente en ce moment dans les CHSLD. On a besoin de bras pour pallier ce manque. On fait appel à tous les médecins du Québec qui sont disponibles. On vous demande de venir prendre soin de nos aînés. pic.twitter.com/fTpvlzE18P— François Legault (@francoislegault) April 15, 2020\n"When we reopen businesses, it will be very important to focus first on businesses where we are really able" to maintain a two-meter distance between individuals, he said.\n"In fact, you have to get used to the two-metre rule in Quebec. That will take months."\nJe répète que toute ouverture des écoles sera faite avec l’accord de la santé publique.Nous ne précipiterons aucune décision.— François Legault (@francoislegault) April 10, 2020\nStay tuned for more news.