Despite many reports to the contrary, it looks like we might actually have a White Christmas this year.\nWith temperatures staying firmly below zero pretty much all week and a 60% chance of flurries on Christmas day... it's all looking very promising.\nTake a look below at the forecast for Montreal's weather this week & next.\nVisit MTLBlog for more headlines.\nHave you been outside in Monday today? Because it is freaking FRETTE! Not only is today the coldest day of the season so far, but Montreal weather this week was actually colder on average than all of Siberia's three largest cities. It's going to be so cold with the windchill today in Montreal that Environment Canada is warning people there's a real risk of frostbite... but at least it's looking like we will have a white Christmas in Montreal!\nYes, there is a 60% chance of flurries forecasted for the 25th, and temperatures are looking to be a little less aggressive by then, as well.\nThree regions in Quebec were also under Extreme Cold Warnings yesterday as temperatures dropped down to -38 with the windchill.\nNow, only Abitibi and Témiscamingue remain under an Extreme Cold Warning, but most of Quebec is still feeling those below-zero blues.\nLuckily for us here in Montreal, the temperatures are expected to climb later in the afternoon today and continue to climb through the week...\nThough they won't climb so high that we don't see a little bit of snow action next week on Christmas Day!\nTake a look at the Environment Canada forecasts for Montreal below.\nThis is the forecast for the rest of this week in Montreal, where you can see that despite today's ridiculous cold, things are going to warm up a little bit.\nAnd by warm up I mean linger near -10 and not -20.\nEnvironment Canada\nThis weekend looks like it's going to be a great couple of days to get outside and enjoy the pre-Christmas weekend festivities.\nThis is the last weekend to visit the Atwater market, for example, so if you haven't done that yet, Saturday and Sunday should both bring a bright and sunny chance to see the adorable market before its gone.\nREAD ALSO: Hydro-Quebec Rate Reforms Mean Renters & Low-Income Homes Whose Electricity Bill Is Mostly Heat Pay More, Study Shows\nHere is the forecast for early next week in Montreal. Environment Canada only ever provides a forecast for the next 5 and a half days, which is fine for our purposes because, really, we only need snow on Christmas morning, right?\nAll anyone really wants is to wake up to snow falling softly outside their windows, or perhaps enjoy their morning cocoa or a cup of coffee beside the Christmas tree as the excitement of presents lingers in the air.\nEnvironment Canada\nThe good news is that, with a high of -2, any precipitation we do see will be snow and not rain.\nSo all we have to do is pray that the 60% chance of flurries comes true. Then we'll all be able to sit around the Christmas tree and look out the window from our cozy spot inside as the fluffy white stuff falls from the sky.\nEven The Weather Network, who is forecasting only a 40% possibility of precipitation is simultaneously forecasting ~1cm of snow on Christmas day.\nDon't get me wrong. I can feel your eye rolls already.\n"Lena," you're saying, "It's only a 60% chance of flurries. What kind of gambler are you that you're okay with these odds?"\nBut here's the thing: Montrealers have been dreaming of a white Christmas since snow fell in November.\nA November snowstorm is forecasted in the Montreal area Monday night into Tuesday. It's going to be a #WhiteChristmas pic.twitter.com/WYMdmhpbKs— Canadian Ron Burgundy (@Habs_Burgundy) November 10, 2019\nWe've all wondered if the snow would really stick around until the end of December. And then there was more wondering about whether or not snow would actually fall on this special day.\nSo when I finally saw this Environment Canada forecast, I had to share it. 60% is enough for me.\nCall me gullible, call me Buddy the Elf, I don't care.\nI'm dreaming of a white Christmas, and it looks like we might actually get it.