The CAQ is asking influencers and artists to encourage young people in Quebec to follow COVID-19 prevention measures.\nA number of local celebrities are already getting the word out.\nVisit MTLBlog for more headlines.\nTo stop any further spread of the coronavirus, Quebec Premier François Legault appealed to young influencers, artists, leaders, and athletes from the province, asking them to share information about COVID-19 prevention measures. In a press conference on Tuesday, Legault said that "in South Korea and Italy, young people have been important agents in the spread of the virus. It is not the time to have parties, it is not the time to gather, it is the time to distance ourselves."\nTo help spread the message, the CAQ will launch an ad campaign titled "Spread Info, Not The Virus."\nThe government hopes that influencers and Québécois artists will bring more awareness to young people who might be less inclined to follow the health ministry's recommendations.\nAt the moment, the CAQ will not ask police officers to enforce the current limits on public gatherings.\nThe health minister has installed a public gathering limit of 250 people or less. That announcement last week created a ripple effect across the province, prompting the closure of municipal buildings, bars, cinemas, restaurants, and so much more.\nThe number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Quebec has jumped to 74.\n"The most crucial thing is to increase the number of daily tests in Quebec," said Legault.\n"In the short term, we will go from a few hundred to a few thousand tests per day. We'll be capable to proceed with this, we have the equipment, we're hiring the people, and we have the laboratories to conduct the tests," he assured.\nJe demande à nos leaders jeunes, nos artistes, nos champions olympiques et nos influenceurs d’utiliser leurs réseaux sociaux pour nous aider à freiner la propagation du virus. On va la gagner ensemble cette bataille. Propage l’info, pas le virus. #onseprotege pic.twitter.com/vvp9jrgQZf— François Legault (@francoislegault) March 17, 2020\nAt the press conference, the CAQ highlighted the importance of social distancing and self-isolation as two of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19.\nREAD ALSO: Montrealer Antoni Porowski Is Sharing 'Quarantine Cooking Lessons' On Instagram (Video)\nShortly after the announcement, some Quebec celebrities took to social media to spread the message about the dangers of coronavirus.\nQuebec singer-songwriter and La Voix coach Coeur de Pirate put out a catchy tune about respecting the government's health and safety recommendations.\nYo les jeunes! Voici une chanson sur le COVID-19 pour vous rappeler que c’est important de respecter les directives du gouvernement. Restez chez vous là! pic.twitter.com/rSDsQeDwhx— Coeur de pirate (@beatricepirate) March 17, 2020\nRestez à la maison! Ensemble on va réussir!! Stay home, stay safe🙏🧡 pic.twitter.com/RLSXzi6VHk— Phillip Danault (@phildanault) March 17, 2020\nMontreal Canadiens player Philip Danault also shared a message underlining the importance of social distancing.\nLegault says that the health ministry received some 10,000 job applications from citizens to help combat COVID-19. Close to 2,000 of them will be assigned a function in the coming days.\nQuebec health officials released guidelines for individuals to follow to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the province, you can read about them here.\nMore information on hygiene practices during the pandemic is available on the government of Canada's website here.