Despite the "critical situation" in senior residences across the province, Premier Legault explained Thursday that the situation in hospitals "is pretty much under control," allowing the government to begin preparing a "deconfinement plan" for Quebec. He made clear that the process would be "gradual." He also confirmed that "we flattened the famous curve."\nThough the details of the plan are forthcoming, the Premier assured that "we start with the companies, we want to do it [...] in an intelligent way with all the rules that Dr. Arruda gives us."\nHe concluded his opening remarks with an optimistic message: "I want to tell you, we're getting through it, the good times are coming. It takes courage and persistence."\nLegault previously made clear, however, that the businesses that reopen would still have to ensure social distancing in their establishments.\n"When we reopen businesses, it will be very important to focus first on businesses where we are really able" to maintain a two-meter distance between individuals, he said on April 8.\n"In fact, you have to get used to the two-metre rule in Quebec. That will take months."\nAs the outbreak progresses, the government's focus is now on CHSLDs and private senior residences.\nMany of them are in the Montreal area.\n#COVID19 - Au Québec, en date du 16 avril 2020 à 13h, la situation est la suivante :15 857 cas confirmés132 714 analyses négatives (cas infirmés)1018 personnes hospitalisées630 décèsPour en savoir plus sur la situation au Québec : https://t.co/fiqW5E4y8R— Santé Québec (@sante_qc) April 16, 2020\nOn Tuesday, a list of the hardest-hit institutions was published, including some where the number of COVID-19 cases represents over 25% of available beds.\nA staffing shortage has exacerbated the situation.\nEarlier this week, the Premier implored "every health care worker" to reach out to offer assistance.\nIl y a beaucoup de personnel qui s’absente en ce moment dans les CHSLD. On a besoin de bras pour pallier ce manque. On fait appel à tous les médecins du Québec qui sont disponibles. On vous demande de venir prendre soin de nos aînés. pic.twitter.com/fTpvlzE18P— François Legault (@francoislegault) April 15, 2020\nOn Thursday, he said over 2,000 people had answered the call, but also encouraged finishing students in relevant fields to also step up.\nPour protéger nos aînés, il faut rester loin d’eux physiquement.Malheureusement, ça veut dire de ne pas aller voir nos parents et nos grands-parents pour Pâques. Donc on reste chez nous, mais on les appelle! pic.twitter.com/fGIFek1yOV— François Legault (@francoislegault) April 9, 2020\nAs of April 16, Quebec has 15,857 confirmed COVID-19 cases, an increase of 997 from April 15.\nStay tuned for more news.