At the beginning of his public briefing, Premier François Legault shared that as of Tuesday, May 5, there are now 33,417 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Quebec. The previous day, there were 32,623 infections announced. Thus, the province has seen a rise in 794 cases within the past 24 hours.\nThere have been 118 new deaths related to COVID-19 in Quebec since yesterday, bringing the province's death toll to 2,398.\nAnd, the region of Montreal makes up for over half of the province's case count, with 16,991 confirmed cases.\nOn May 4, Regional Public Health Director Dr. Mylène Drouin told the public that Montreal is "not seeing a decrease in the curve."\nJust a few hours before she made this statement, Premier François Legault announced that the date for the opening of retail stores with outside entrances (not including shopping malls) would be pushed back a week, thus going from May 11 to May 18 instead.\nWhile for the rest of the province, such reopenings began on Monday, May 4, which Legault announced today went well.\nIn regards to other businesses, Legault has previously announced that he does not see the reopening of Quebec restaurants happening "in the short term," due to the difficulty of implementing social distancing measures in such spaces.\nYou can watch the Government of Quebec's press conference on May 5 in the live feed below.\nConférence de presse sur la COVID-19 | 5 avril 2020Depuis le début de la crise, on a pris des mesures strictes dans les résidences pour personnes âgées pour limiter la propagation du virus. Tout le monde comprend que c’est important pour la santé physique de nos aînés.\n\nMais il ne faut pas sacrifier la santé mentale pour la santé physique. Ce n’est pas humain pour un aîné de ne pas voir ses enfants sur une longue période de temps.\n\n🎥Suivez notre point de presse en direct 👇Posted by François Legault on Tuesday, May 5, 2020\nDuring the briefing, Legault mentioned that the province continues to be missing personnel in its health sector, due to a high volume of absent employees.\nFor this reason, the Premier said that the government will soon announce a new bonus plan to help convince people to come work in Quebec's hospitals and CHSLDs.\nSince the beginning of the pandemic, a total of 7,923 individuals have recovered from the virus in Quebec.\nMeanwhile, there remain 1,821 people hospitalized in the province due to COVID-19, 218 of which are in the ICU.\nA breakdown of each region's case count is available below.\nGovernment of Quebec\nAfter Montreal, the region of Montérégie has the next highest number of cases in the province, with a total of 4,006.\nStay safe, Quebec.