During his announcements in the Government of Quebec's press conference on March 29, Legault thanked all Quebecers who continue to follow the health guidelines that have been asked of them. The current number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Quebec has reached a total of 2,840, with the number of deaths due to the virus remaining at 22. Legault mentioned that the number of cases has begun to stabilize.\n"Our efforts are paying off, so don't give up," Legault said.\nMontreal and Estrie remain the two "hotspots" for the virus, with 1,361 confirmed coronavirus cases in Montreal. The City of Montreal declared a state of emergency on March 27.\nThe Government of Quebec within the province, unless it's absolutely essential.\nIn his Facebook post that links to the daily press conference video, Legault added that "we are asking everyone to contribute to the effort by avoiding moving from one neighbourhood, city or region to another."\n"If you're at your chalet, you stay at your chalet," Legault stated.\nLegault announced that Quebec is one of the places in the world that has tested the most for COVID-19 thus far, which he goes on to thanks all healthcare workers for.\nBelow is Santé Québec's official update of the coronavirus situation in the province as of March 29.\n#COVID19 - Au Québec, en date du 29 mars 2020 à 13h, la situation est la suivante :➡️2 840 cas confirmés➡️22 décès➡️6 313 personnes sous investigation➡️49 364 analyses négatives (cas infirmés)Pour connaître le détail par régions : https://t.co/fiqW5E4y8R— Santé Québec (@sante_qc) March 29, 2020\nAs you can see, there have been almost 50,000 individuals who have tested negative for the coronavirus.\nDr. Arruda reassured us in the press conference that "The situation is serious but under control."\nYou are able to watch a live video of the press conference in the link below.\nConférence de presse sur la COVID-19 | 29 mars 2020Hier, on a annoncé des mesures pour mieux protéger nos régions éloignées. On demande à tout le monde de contribuer à l’effort en évitant les déplacements d’un quartier, d’une ville ou d’une région à l’autre.\n\nAujourd’hui, on se donne des nouveaux moyens pour mieux protéger les aînés et le personnel dans les résidences et CHSLD privés. \n\n🎥 Suivez notre point de presse en direct 👇Posted by François Legault on Sunday, March 29, 2020\nWhen asked by a journalist why Quebec has been so heavily touched by the coronavirus pandemic, the Premier reminds us that the province's Spring Break was earlier than most other Canadian provinces.\nSuch a break led many Quebecers to travel abroad, which is a major reason for how the spread of the coronavirus made its way into Quebec.\nWhen Legault stated that the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Quebec has begun to stabilize, he stated that between March 28 and 29, there had been an augmentation of 14% in cases. This percentage, he said, is much lower than it had been during the previous days.\n"It is our goal for the next few weeks to stay positive," Legault shared.\nSo, he asked that we all do our part in both continuing to follow proper health guidelines that have been released by the Government of Quebec and to keep an optimistic outlook on the situation.