Traffic Warning: Here Is A List Of Montreal Road Closures For The Long Weekend
Plan your exit accordingly.
The long weekend in Montreal is for lazy afternoons in the park, hanging out on terraces sipping sangria with the squad, and - sitting in traffic!?
If you're planning on exiting the city this weekend, get ready for a doozy of road closures. See Tweet below.
Planifier ses déplacements durant la fin de semaine du 11 mai 2018 - Entraves majeures sur le réseau autoroutier. Plus d’infos : http://bit.ly/2rtMXLV— Turcot (@MTQ_Turcot)
Be extra careful planning your drive this weekend. Not only will the car traffic be high due to do Montrealers flocking off the country for the long weekend, but road closures are at an all-time high.
Both of these factors colliding together will make for monster jams and long wait times. Our advice: bring some podcasts to pass the time.
Or you can pretend it's 1995 and dial #511 from your phone anywhere in Quebec and speak to a real human.
Here are the road closures going SOUTH:
- Highway 25 South (La Fontaine Tunnel southbound) between Souligny Avenue (Exit 4, Montreal/Centre-ville) and Île Charron.
- Two lanes on Highway 10 West (Champlain Bridge heading into Montreal), between Exit 6 (Highway 15 South/Highway 20 East/Highway 132) and the bridge itself.
- One lane on Highway 10 East, from the end of the Champlain Bridge until Exit 53 (Highway 15 South/Highway 20 East/Highway 132).
And on the Turcott Exchange area:
- Highway 15 North, between Exit 63 (Highway 20 West) and the Sherbrooke Street entrance.
- The entrance to Highway 15 North from de la Vérendrye Boulevard.
- The ramp from the Ville-Marie Expressway westbound to the Décarie Expressway (Highway 15 North).
- The ramp from Highway 20 East (toward downtown) to the Décarie (Highway 15 North).
- The ramp from the Décarie southbound (toward the Champlain Bridge) to the eastbound Ville-Marie.
- The ramp from the Décarie southbound to Highway 20 West.
- The entrance to Highway 15 South (also toward the bridge) from Gaétan-Laberge Boulevard in Verdun.
- The Girouard Avenue entrance to Highway 15 South, from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday, and from 9:30 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday.
- Notre-Dame Street between Monk Boulevard and Côte-St-Paul Road, from Friday at 8 p.m. to Saturday at 8 a.m.