What's Open And Closed This Thanksgiving Weekend In Montreal
The perfect excuse to stay at home all weekend long!
Canada's Thanksgiving long weekend officially begins this evening and you probably can't stop thinking about the upcoming dinner with turkey, friends and family, pumpkin pie and more!
TL;DR This Thanksgiving holiday weekend means many stores will be closed or have special holiday hours. This article goes into detail on what you can expect to be open and closed on Monday.
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to stay in, especially since most places won't be open. But, if this year you were planning to head out and enjoy your Monday off in the city you'll find there are quite a few places around Montreal that'll keep their doors open during the holiday.
Luckily, you now have a list of all of them. You're welcome.
What's open this Thanksgiving Monday:
- STM buses and trains will be running on their holiday schedule
- Exo's transit will be running on a modified schedule
- Montreal's ecocentres will be open on their summer schedule
- Most grocery stores and public markets
- The Société des alcools du Québec is going to be open
- Shopping malls and pharmacies will be open
- Rec centres, arenas and tennis courts will be open depending on the borough
- Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium will be open from 9AM to 5:30PM
- Montreal's Botanical Garden and Insectarium will be open from 9AM to 9PM
- La Ronde will be open from 11AM to 10PM
- The Montreal Science Centre is open from 9AM to 4PM
- Garbage and recycling collection across the city will be running as per usual
What's closed this Thanksgiving Monday:
- Most restaurants will be closed, check specific schedules for holiday hours
- Government buildings, post offices and courthouses
- City and borough offices will be closed on Monday
- Libraries and indoor pools will be closed
- Museums as well as the Biodome will be closed on Monday
Road closures for this weekend include:
- Highway 20 East at the Turcot Interchange and exit 63 toward the mercier bridge will be closed from today at 11:59AM until Tuesday at 5AM.
- The ramp from Highway 20 East to Highway 15 North will be closed.
- The ramp from Highway 720 West to Highway 15 North
- The entrance from Highway 15 North from Sherbrooke Street
- The ramp from Highway 15 South to Highway 720 East
- Ramp from Highway 15 South to Highway 20 West will be closed
- Notre-Dame Street West between Monk Boulevard and Côte-Saint-Paul Road will also be closed
- Nighttime closures this weekend of the ramp leading from Highway 15 North to Highway 20 West
- The Mercier bridge will be reduced to one lane today at 5PM until Monday at 5AM
- All lanes except one will be closed on the Jaqcues-Cartier Bridge from 10PM today until Tuesday at 5AM
So, like I said, your best bet for a fun-filled holiday weekend is to just stay in and avoid the massive closures.
Happy Thanksgiving, Montreal!