What’s Open & What’s Closed On Christmas Day 2016 In Montreal
So you can make your day the merriest.
Guys, it's finally Christmas! I know I keep saying that fall is my favourite time of the year, but that's a little bit of a lie. It's actually a very, very, very close second to the holiday season.
The holidays are pure magic, IMO. And no matter what you celebrate - or don't - around this time of the year, I hope you have an awesome end to 2016. Oh, and just in case you need to know what's open and closed on Christmas day in Montreal? No worries. I got you, fam.
- Some pharmacies (call to make sure)
- Movie theatres
- The casino
- Most skating rinks (like the and the Atrium 1000)
- The STM will run on a Sunday schedule
- AMT trains will run on weekend schedules (check the website for more information)
- The Montreal Science Centre will remain open
- Most government (federal and provincial) offices
- Municipal courts and most city offices
- Some grocery stores
- Some restaurants (make sure to call ahead to make sure)
- Retail stores (like IKEA, Wal Mart, etc)
- Garbage pickup might be interrupted in your area (call to make sure)
- The SAQ (I know, you guys. I know.)
- The Insectarium, Botanical Gardens, Biodome, and Planterium are closed on Christmas day
- The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and Pointe-à-Callière Museum will be closed
- Public markets (like Marche Jean-Talon and Atwater Market) are closed