The Verdict Is In, This Is The Best Cheeseburger According To Cheeseburger Experts
Wendy's, McDonald's, or Burger King?
Today is National Cheeseburger Day and to celebrate, many fast food places around the US and Canada are offering some kind of special cheeseburger deal.
But when it comes to fast food burgers, who reigns supreme? Is it Wendy's, Burger King, Or McDonald's.
Let's take a look at each one:
- Flame-grilled quarter-pound beef patty
- Onion slices
- Sesame-seed bun
- Quarter-pound square patty
- Red onions
- Gourmet Bun
- 2 all beef patties
- Special sauce
- Sesame bun
1. Right off the bat we can see that Wendy's has the most honest social media representation. That burger in the photo is the actual burger you'll be getting when you order, so in terms of honesty, Wendy’s is the winner.
But this isn't a photo contest so let's get serious.
2. According to the behaviour of these three fast food giants, Burger King's Whopper might be the big winner. Here's why:
Over the years, McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King have all attempted to copy each other’s products. Burger King tried to make their own Big Mac, Wendy's tried to copy the Whopper, and McDonald’s tried to make their own "Whopper Stopper" 6 different times!
On the other hand neither Burger King nor McDonald’s ever attempted to make a square burger, so it’s clear that in their competitor's eyes Burger King's Whopper is the burger to beat.
3. When it comes to taste the results are very different.
Burger King's Whopper is so wet that you need to eat it immediately, otherwise the lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mayo fuse into a disgusting goopy mess.
The Wendy's burger is a bit less messy, but the quality varies a lot depending on which Wendy’s you visit. Sometimes you get a burger that looks exactly like the one in the photo, and sometimes you set a sad, soggy mess.
The McDonald's Big Mac however is the most consistent sandwich of the three. It always tastes exactly the same and the ratio is never off. McDonald’s bread also seems to have the magical power to be resistant to condiments, so the bread is never soggy.
The big winner is McDonald’s Big Mac. And according to Business Insider the Winner in the United States was also the Big Mac.