Why Today Is The Most Depressing Day Of The Year In Montreal
Blue Monday is upon us.
In case you didn't know it, today is Blue Monday. It's the name we give the 3rd Monday of the month in January and it is known to be the most depressing day of the year. What started as a PR stunt by a company called SkyTravel who thought that people would travel more to counter their depression. The study was discredited as nonsensical, but it might actually have some truth to it.
Here are 6 reasons why today is the most depressing day of the year.
1. The first snowfall in Montreal was on December 29th, that means we've only had 20 days of real winter so far. 20! I don't know about you, but to me it feels like 100.
2. The only thing more depressing than that is the fact that there are still 153 days left until summer. So we're not even close to being done.
3.Today is also the loneliest time the year because right now we're in a chasm, halfway between the two biggest 'breakup days' of the year.
4. It's also the time of year where people are the most broke because they spent too much over the holidays, emptied their saving accounts and accumulated credit card debt. Wanna go out to cheer yourself up? Well too fuckin' bad!
5. Also you probably had to spend an extra 15 minutes cleaning snow off your car this morning and that might not be depressing but it's seriously annoying.
6. As we all know weather affect your mood and the lack of sunshine and vitamin D can cause depression. But good thing it's daytime and the sun is shin- oh wait. The sky is literally the saddest shade of grey ever.
But don't worry, I'm not heartless. I wouldn't bombard you with depressing facts without including an antidote. So if you find your self feeling sad today, take a minute and watch the following gifs.