40 Super Fun Montreal Things To Do With Your Significant Other This December 2017
Keep the fire alive this winter.
It's time to shed a tear for the summer rotation, cuffing season has officially come to a close. Last chance to lock down that special someone that stood out from all the others. Congrats, if you already have - now you have months of fun winter dates to look forward to.
Wether you've been dating for 3 months or 3 years, it can be a daunting tasks to continuously come up with fun and exciting date ideas. It's vital to a relationships health, though - there is nothing like a regimen of Netflix and sweatpants to douse the fires of passion. Simply said, to keep the fire burning this winter, go out and do stuff! Here is a list of things that are sure to keep the sparks flying until spring comes.
For Super Fun Romantic Dates, click "NEXT"
1. Take your date to "Le Grand Marche De Noel De Montreal" Christmas Village in the Heart of Downtown
Inspired by the charming Christmas traditions from around the world, this event offers a magical Christmas village in the heart of downtown Montreal with local craftsman and animation to help you get into the holiday spirit. See the page below for details!
2. Take your date to the opening of Old Port's Patinoire Natrel
The Natrel skating rink is back! A true Quebec winter tradition, with a gorgeous view of the city, don't miss it! All the details below in the Facebook event. Pure romance.
3. Take your date to Cuisine Japonaise Cocoro in the Plateau for a warm bowl of delicate Ramen
Visit Cuisine Japonaise Cocoro in Outremont to scratch your itch for delicious and savory Japanese treats. Every dish looks beyond tasty, and is sure to please the palette, check the link for more info!
4) Take your significant other on a cute coffee date to newly opened Cafe Therese in the Plateau
Cafe Therese just opened in the Plateau. With their warm and inviting interior it looks like the perfect spot for a romantic winter coffee date. Check out the Facebook page below!
5) Take your significant other for an unforgettable Dim Sum date at Maison Kam Fung
I don't know about you, but a romantic date to me means stuffing myself silly over good conversation, with someone who has an equally ravenous appetite, of course. So, for the perfect afternoon date idea, hit up Maison Kam Fung and take nice long walk in China Town afterwards. So cute.
6) The classic Spa date at BotaBota is a no-brainer for a romantic winter spa experience
BotaBota is a great place to unwind for the day with someone special. When it's minus 30 outside you will be happy to be hanging out in the tropical heat of one of their many saunas. Grab a drink afterward and get the whole experience.
7) For a festive "drinks" date visit Bar Miracle with your significant other
Bar Miracle in the Plateau is where it's truly "winter everyday". It's an obvious choice to visit during the holiday season. Check out the Facbeook page below for more info!
8) Take your date for a candle lit dinner in the Old Port at Restaurant Le Fantome
Make your reso early, Le Fantome is quite popular these days. Boasting a unique tasting menu concept, making this place a great choice for a intimate dinner for two. Check out the Facebook page below for more!
For Classy Things, Click "NEXT"
1. Plan a purely romantic overnight stay and rent a cozy cabin at Parc National Du Mont Tremblant
Quebec boasts some of the most beautiful national parks in the country. The great part is that Parc Du Mont Tremblant offers beautiful accommodations at varying price ranges. All kinds of outdoor activities are offered during the winter season. Check out the Quebec National Parcs official site for all the info!
2. Head to Point-Saint-Charles for a cozy and classy coffee date at Cafe Bloom
Isn't it great when a restaurant makes you feel like you escaped the city - feeling as if you took a micro-trip to another country for a couple hours. Check out Cafe Bloom for a quick escape with someone special. More info in the link below!
3. Inject a little culture into your dates and take your SO to sample some Moroccan specialities at La Cuisine D'Izza
Beautiful tagines and modern Moroccan decor makes for a classy and romantic winter date idea. We all need an escape from the winter. Check out all the info at La Cuisines D'Izzas Facebook page below.
Nothing screams romance like a quick getaway, even if it's literally in your backyard. This is a great way to spice up the holiday season. Visit Air BnB or VBRO for bookings!
5. For an elevated spa experience head outside the downtown core to Strom Spa Nordique for an unforgettable winter spa get-away
Nothing is quite as relaxing and luxurious as treating yourself and your SO to a winter spa get-away. Strom Spa has several locations right outside the city, so pick one that is convenient for you.
6. Just a short drive outside of Montreal is Montebello Quebec, a romantic winter day trip to remember
Deer and animal sightings are almost guarantee while driving around the Montebello region of Quebec. Feeling fancy? Stop by the famous Chateau Montebello for coffee, lunch or even an overnight stay with your significant other.
7. Take your date to the Contemporary Art Museum of Montreal for "Les Nocturne Du MAC" event this December 1st
The MAC museum will be open until 2AM for the December instalment of Les Nocturne Du MAC. A great winter date idea and the best occasion to visit the highly anticipated Leonard Cohen expo. See the event page for details!
8) Drive to the Big Apple for an unforgettable romantic NYC holiday getaway
Only a short drive away from Montreal, NYC is a great way to spend a winter weekend. Not only is it a small - but much appreciated - break from the bitter cold but also a fun way to take in all the iconic holiday sights of the city such as the Rockefeller tree lighting or NYE ball-drop in Times Square.
For Fun Free Things, Click "NEXT"
1. Take your date to a fountain show - Fontaine Boreal will be on at Complex Dejardins throughout December
For the second year, the Fontaine Boreal show will be presented at the Complexe's Grande-Place during the Holiday period. Check out the event page below for all the info!
2. Go for a romantic winter walk and visit the unique art murales throughout the "Cartier Latin" of Montreal
You and your date can download a special app on your phone which will guide you throughout all the murales throughout the neighbourhood. visit the link below for more details on the app!
3) Sample Quebec holiday specialities with your date at Marche Bonsecour in the Old Port for Le Banquet Populaire
Treat your taste buds to some Quebec Winter specialities such as tourtiere and a warm bowl of pea soup. First come first serve until food runs out! Check out the event link below!
4) Check out MTL 375 Christmas Party with someone special at the Village-Au Pied-Du-Courrant
Village-Au-Pied-Du-Courrant is a public event space located in at the edge of the Saint-Laurence River, Very Montreal. The city is hosting a holiday party for the whole family to check out! Check out the info below!
5) Check out this Nordic Square event - totally free - in the Old Port at Place Jacques Cartier
From December 21 - 31 the city will be hosting a Nordic-inspired holiday event at Place Jacques-Cartier. Interactive instillations, musical performances and more to be expected. Great place to bring a date! Visit page below for all the details.
6) Check out Music On The Docks for an outdoor winter date in the Old Port
Check out the outdoor stage at Place Jacques Cartier for this outdoor music event being hosted by the city on December 29th and 30th. Local artists will be performing for free! Check out the event page below.
7) Escape winter with someone special and visit La Petite Floride in the Plateau
La Petite Floride’s assembles culinary culture, winter games, and art, all in one unique outdoor space. Get your holiday vibes on and visit this local space for food, drinks, art and more. Check out their Facebook page below!
8) Check out this free holiday choir show in the Old Port running throughout December
Throughout the month of December and in collaboration with Choir Alliance Quebec, The Old Port will be hosting free outdoor choir performances. Check out the Facebook event for all the details!
For Fun Places To Eat And Drink, Click "NEXT"
1. Take your date for a hearty brunch at Fixe Cafe Bistro
Fixe Cafe Bistro is located on St-Hubert street and serves up trendy yet hearty looking brunch dishes in a cozy and intimate atmosphere. Check out their Facebook page for the info!
2. Need to take a coffee connoisseur on a date? To impress, visit Caffe Farina on Notre-Dame West
This understated spot in Saint-Henri speciality is coffee. They do, however, serve a variety of sandwiches, salads and other sweet snacks. Check out the Facebook page below for all the info!
3. Take your date for a bowl of rich ramen at Tsukuyomi Ramen in the Plateau
With a big exposed brick wall and a warm woody color palette this Plateau spot serves up ramen bowls that are as warm and comforting as the ambience they're served in. Perfect for a winter date night. Check out the Facebook page below!
4. Take your date to Cafe Baba Yaga for hearty but modern polish delights
This St-Henri Cafe serves up all the Eastern European favs, such as fluffy pierogi, savoury latkes, coleslaw, chlodnik and much more, but all in a modern and sleek atmosphere. Great place to bring a foodie. Check out the Facebook page below for all the info!
5. Take your date to Le Red Tiger for a unique Vietnamese street food experience
One part cocktail bar, one part street food, all parts amazing. Pull up a little plastic stool with your date and get ready to share unique and tasty plates, and of course - indulge in one-of-a-kind cocktails. Check out their Facebook page below!
6. Take your date out for Cambodian eats and cocktails at Les Street Monkeys in Verdun
Serving up some insane looking cocktails and delicious Cambodian food, check out Les Street Monkeys which just opened up in quickly developing neighbourhood of Verdun. Check out their Facebook page for all the details!
7. Take your date for an elevated brunch experience at Restaurant Santa Barbara in Little Italy
This Little Italy spot is serving up some delicious looking brunch classics, all seasonal ingredients and mostly veg options - with a modern twist - of course. And all wrapped up in a charming atmosphere. Facebook page is below with all the details!
8. Head to China Town with your date, for yes - Tacos - at La Capital Tacos on Saint-Laurent
The best date spots are the ones where sharing is encouraged, making tacos one of the top date ideas when it comes to food. Check out La Capital Tacos in China Town for a unique fusion of cultures experience. Facebook page below with all the details and info!
For Cheap Things, Click "NEXT"
1. Take a short drive to Saint-Sauver with your SO for a day of snow tubing!
Snow tubing is quite possibly the most exhilarating outdoor winter activity. Perfect date idea, too. It's also great for all you lazy bones out there because there is a lift that brings you and your tube back up the hill. Just sit back and enjoy the slide.
2. For Cross-Country skiing and other romantic outdoor activities head to Bois-De-Ile Bizare
There are so many scenic nature get-aways right outside the city. This one is located on the edge of Ile Bizare to the north of the island. Here you will find all kinds of outdoor winter activities to enjoy, and rentals are available for a fee, of course. See website for details!
3. Take your date fam to annual Fetes Des Neiges at Parc Jean Drapeau
Just because it's snowing, doesn't mean the fun has to stop. Fetes Des Neiges is an outdoor winter festival hosted every year at Parc Jean Drapeau with tons of fun activities for the whole family. Check out the official site for all the details!
4. Take your date Indoor ice skating in Downtown Montreal at Atrium Le 1000
Do you want all the cute and romantic parts of an ice skating date without all the cold and shivering, then check out the biggest indoor skating ring in Downtown Montreal. A great - and inexpensive- winter date idea. Link below for the details!
5. Head south to Burlington Vermont for a day of shopping, beer tasting, and nature appreciation
Burlington and most parts of Northern Vermont are great options for day trips or full-blown weekend getaways outside of Montreal. Book a night at a cute local B n B. The quaint New England vibe is a much-appreciated escape from the busy and bustling streets of downtown Montreal.
6. Hit up Bromont in the evening for a fun and night skiing session
Grab your SO and head to Bromont for an evening of night skiing. This is a great date idea and is also affordably priced because Bromont has all kinds of package deals for the winter season. Check out their site for more info!
7. Go to Quilles G Plus for an evening of "Cosmic Bowling"
Indoor cosmic bowling is a forever- fun and cute date idea. Even better in the winter on that extra cold night. Quilles G Plus is unique with neon and black lights and an impressively relevant music selection playing in the background. Get there early, lanes get busy fast!
8. Check out the Montreal Planetarium for an indoor -and inexpensive - holiday date
Whenever I envision a classic date-night scene I picture a couple holding hands staring up at the stars talking and getting to know each other. Well, it's cold in the winter, so why not visit the Planetarium for the same experience - but indoors. Check out their website for more info!