Now that fall is officially here, we can start celebrating the most wonderful time of the year : Halloween. We all know that the coolest celebration was originally for the dead, so there is no better way to honour that day than by visiting our dear province's ghosts towns.\nREAD ALSO: I Interviewed A Real Life Ghost Hunter In Montreal\nJust make sure to visit these places with a buddy. You know, just in case...\n1.Snake Creek\nThis farming and lumbering village was mostly abandoned in the 1940's when the mill shut down. A brutal murder also occurred in 1910 when a father and his son were found dead in gruesome circumstances.\nClick here for more info.\n2.Gagnon\nAt 300 km north of Baie-Comeau is this abandoned mining town that every resident left after the closing of the mining company in June 1985. You won't find a living soul there.\nClick here for more info.\n3.Val-Jalbert\nNow a well-known Quebec touristic attraction, this village was abandoned after the pulp mill closed down in 1927 and became a park in 1960 and is considered one of Canada's most well preserved ghost towns.\nClick here for more info.\n4.Hunter's Point\nThis village was built by natives to trade furs, as it was a Hudson Bay Post counter. In 1880, the post counter closed down, but a larger number of native communities moved in, as well as some whites and metis, allowing the population to grow to a few 150 in 1928, but the population eventually left the village. Only a handful of people still reside in the area, as well as some cottagers.\nClick here for more info.\n5.Joutel\nLocated between Amos and Matagami, this town was built after the mining of copper, zinc and gold started in 1965. It eventually closed down in 1998 after the resources were depleted.\nClick here for more info.\n6.Nitchequon\nA fur trade Hudson Bay post at first, the community eventually abandoned this location in 1985 after the weather station and the aerodrome closed down.\nClick here for more info.\n7.Pascalis\nThis gold mining community was populated by about 2000 people before a forest fire demolished the whole town. The only things that remained standing were one miner cabin and the pump house.\nClick here for more info.\n8.Rivière-La-Guerre\nAlso known as Godmanchester, this Scottish village settled by François dit La Guerre was abandoned only after 30 years of existence. It had 82 inhabitants in 1830 but was deserted in the late 1850s, mainly because of flooding and steam boats couldn't get to the village anymore.\nClick here for more info.\n9.Saint-Nil\nThis odd village closed down in 1974 and was home to only a few residents, a church and a school.\nClick here for more info.\n10.Goose Village, Montreal\nAlso known as Victoriatown because it was adjacent to Victoria Bridge, this part of Montreal is now uninhabited. It's mainly famous because thousands of Irish immigrants died from typhus in this neighbourhood in 1847-1848. The town was eventually bulldozed in 1964.\nClick here for more info.\n11. St-Jean-Vianney\nA landslide partially destroyed this town of 1266 inhabitants in 1971 and it is forbidden to live there since then.\nClick here for more info.\nAdd mtlblog on Snapchat.