Here's A Drinking Game To Play While Watching Legault's Daily Press Conferences
The perfect game to play with friends over FaceTime.
- Many Quebecers have started to incorporate watching François Legault's press conferences into their daily routines, so we thought it'd be fun to create a drinking game to play while doing so.
- Whether you play it alone, with your mom, or over FaceTime with friends — just make sure you're of legal drinking age!
- Get prepared for the ultimate Québécois drinking game below.
Due to the current global situation, the province of Quebec has been on pause for the last little while. For more than five weeks now, the majority of the population has been staying in their homes and trying to take care of themselves as best they can. A new activity has also entered the daily lives of Quebecers: watching François Legault's press conferences.
These conferences have now become an event for many to tune into if they want to learn about the latest developments related to.
Not only do these public briefings help inform the population, but they have also become something for us all to do in the midst of social distancing.
Right now, it's fine to spend your days doing, watching countless , or making a ton of banana/grain/white/brown/burnt bread.
But at some point, you're going to reach the end of your inspiration when it comes to.
So, if you're of legal drinking age, you can try this drinking game the next time you're glued to your TV (or laptop) listening to the sweet words of our national trio: Premier Legault, Dr. Arruda, and Minister McCann.
Take a sip of your drink when:
- Premier François Legault rolls his "R"s.
- One of the members of the trio says the word "."
- One of the three repeats "bien se laver les main."
- François Legault coughs in his hand.
- Horacio Arruda utters the words "si vous me l'permettez."
Take a shot when:
- Dr. Arruda starts talking about another recipe he's going to make; two shots if he talks about his tarts.
- You catch Danielle McCann smiling.
- Dr. Horacio Arruda fumbles with the word "CHSLD."
- Minister McCann seems bothered by a reporter's question.
- There's mention that the "."
- The Premier says "."
Finish your drink when:
- "Maestro Arruda" makes more than three gestures with his pencil.
- François Legault asks for help from the.
- Danielle McCann uses French words during her English answers.
- François Legault says he's "."
- Horacio comes up with a comical Quebec expression.
- François Legault talks about his e-mails.
Drink a glass of water when:
- Mr. Legault mentions that Quebec is one of the states with the most tests per million inhabitants.
- François Legault uses the words "reopening" and "" in the same sentence.
- You notice that Horacio Arruda got a haircut and/or changed glasses.
- The Premier says that "on va gagner la bataille."
Drink an entire bottle of depanneur vodka if:
- Health Minister McCann starts to tell a joke beginning with "Une fois c’t'un gars."
- Dr. Horacio Arruda suddenly starts speaking Portuguese.
- A journalist begins their question with "Hey, mon Frank."
- François Legault passes the hand through his hair.
Enjoy the next press conference!
This article was originally published in French on Narcity Québec.