Free Things To Do In Montreal This April
Events, parties, & activities!
April, my favourite month, is almost here! With the beginning of this new month comes flowers, rain, and the first signs of spring. Not to mention that waiting for the bus is no longer torturous.
On top of that, Earth Day is bound to be huge this year since everyone is really talking about the climate... finally.
There are a ton of great free things to do in Montreal this month. Now that the weather is getting mild, we can even include a ton of outdoor activities! Check out some of our finds below.
TL;DR Spring has arrived, and with it new free things to do! Check out some of our finds below!
1. Sara Dufour at Le Ministere
When: Wednesday, April 17th, 2019 @ 6PM - 8PM (doors @ 5PM)
Where: Le Ministere, 4521 boulevard Saint-Laurent
2. Montreal Punk Rock Flea Market (18+)
When: Sunday, April 7th 2019, @ 11 AM - 6PM
Where: Foufounes Electriques, 87 rue Sainte-Catherine Est
3. Montreal ToyCon
When: Sunday, April 7th, 2019 @ 10AM - 4PM
Where: Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, 7000 Place Robert Joncas
4. Free & Fun Web Development Workshop
When: April 1st (no joke), 2019 @ 6PM - 8PM
Where: BDC Conference, 51 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
5. Visit one of Montreal's many amazing museums
When: Various dates and times, depending on the museum.
Where: Various museums around the city.
6. Traditional Music Session Mondays
When: Every Monday from 9PM.
Where: L'escalier, 522 rue Sainte-Catherine Est
7. Celebrate spring on Montreal's musical 21 Swings
When: April 8th – May 28, 2019
Sunday to Wednesday: 10AM - 11PM
Thursday to Saturday: 10AM - MIDNIGHT
Where: Promenade des artistes, boulevard de Maisonneuve / rue Jeanne-Mance
8. Have a laugh at Comedy Village
When: Every Sunday @ 8:45 PM - 10:30 PM
Where: M Montreal Hostel, 1245 rue Saint-André
9. Learn Afro-Columbian dance
When: April 13th, 2019 @ 1PM - 3:30PM
Where: Espace culturel Georges-Émile-Lapalme, Place des Arts, 175 Sainte-Catherine
10. Grab a free Ben & Jerry's ice cream cone
When: April 9th, 2019
Where: Find your closest location here.
11. Visit The Mary, Queen of the World Cathedral
When: Monday- Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: 1085 Rue de la Cathédrale, Montréal.
12. Check Out the Barbie Expo.
When: Mon-Wed, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Thurs-Fri 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sat 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun 10 a.m.-5p.m.
Where: Les Cours Mont-Royal.
13. Grab Fresh Produce At The Jean-Talon Market
When: Mon-Wed, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Thurs-Fri 7 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sat 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun 7 a.m.-5p.m.
Where: 7070 Henri-Julien Avenue, Montréal.
14. Take Your First Bixi Ride Of The Year
When: The last Sunday of the month.
Where: your closest Bixi stand.
*Note: According to BIXI, free ride dates are subject to change.
15. Go Out With Your Gals For Ladies' Night
When: Depends on the venue! Check outof ladies' night deals.
Where: All over the city.
16. Attend A Movie Screening
When: April 8, 7 p.m.
Where: Concordia University.
17. Explore Atwater Market
When: Mon-Wed, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Thurs, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Fri 7 a.m.-8p.m.; Sat-Sun 7 a.m.-5p.m.
Where: 38 Atwater Avenue, Montréal.
18. Attend The Vernissage For Yoko Ono's New Exhibit
When: April 24 5:30 p.m.
Where: Centre Phi.
19. "Drink and Draw" At The Blue Dog Motel
When: April 2, 6:30 p.m.
Where: The Blue Dog Motel.
20. Hike To The Top of Mont-Royal
When: Any day.
21. Check Out A Free Documentary About Fashion
When: April 25, 6:00 p.m.
Where: McCord Museum.
22. Get A Tarrot-Card Reading At Datcha
When: Every Thursday, 6:00 p.m.
Where: Datcha, 98 Laurier Ouest
23. Explore This Cute Etsy Market
When: April 27 and April 28, 10:00 a.m.
Where: Technopôle Angus, 2600 rue William-Tremblay
24. Learn How To Be A Better Public Speaker
When: April 4, 7 p.m.
Where: Ecole Nationale d'Administration Publique, 4750 Avenue Henri-Julien
25. Have A Night In And Catch Up On Netflix
When: Whenever. Check out.
Where: A cozy part of your house.
26. Peruse A Quirky Vintage Market
When: Saturday, April 13 and April 14.
Where: 3956 St. Laurent Boulevard, Montreal.
27. Learn More About Natural Health Products
When: April 25, 7 p.m.
Where: 3744, rue Jean-Brillant, Montreal.
28. Walk Along The Lachine Canal
When: Whenever the weather is right (you'll know when you know).
Where: Lachine Canal
Happy April Montreal!