Have you ever wanted to see Shania Twain in concert? What about Elton John? Or the Eagles? If you've never had the chance, Montreal's Playground is giving it to you.
Playground, an industry-leading gaming facility located in Kahnawake with 70 poker tables and over 400 machines (just 15 minutes from downtown Montreal over the Mercier Bridge) is hosting a number of concerts this month including cover bands of all of the big names listed below and more.
Tributes to Rod Stewart, the Bee Gees, Tom Jones, Garth Brooks, and the Beatles will be performed throughout October. Here's the full schedule:
- October 4 - Tributes to Rod Stewart (Forever Young) and Tom Jones (Dave LaFame)
- October 5 - Tribute to the Bee Gees (Night Fever)
- October 11 - Tribute to the Eagles (One of These Nights)
- October 12 - WCA Striker Series (Kickboxing event)
- October 18 - Tributes to Shania Twain (Shania) and Garth Brooks (Fresh Horses)
- October 19 - Tributes to 60s British Rock (by the Hi-Fins) and Elton John (Captain Fantastic)
All of the concerts are totally free and insanely good — especially the Shania Twain tribute. "Shania," the woman behind the act, brings the full Shania Twain experience with a convincing concert that has been performed globally in places like Russia, Sweden, Finland, Paris, U.K., Lebanon, Japan, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Dubai, Canada, and throughout the United States for nearly 20 years. You won't want to miss it!
And if you're a fight fan, be sure to check out the kickboxing event on October 12. Fighters, including Swiss Kickboxing Champion Killian Emery, six-time Taekwondo World Champion Julio Cesar Carlos, and Jonathan Doucet will be making their way to the Playground Arena. General admission is $30.