- Looking for a weekend activity, but sick of always hitting up the same bars, clubs, and restaurants?
- Playground, a popular poker club near Montreal, is hosting a free Beatles-themed night
- Free shows from some of Canada's most popular tribute bands will be performed throughout the month of November. Find out more below!
Looking for something fun to do this weekend, but tired of the same old, same old? , an industry-leading gaming facility located in Kahnawake (just 15 minutes from downtown Montreal over the Mercier Bridge), is hosting a Beatles-themed night next weekend, and you're not going to want to miss it.
Canada’s top tribute to The Beatles, HELP!, will be headlining the free show with a truly authentic tribute to the most popular band in the world. Relive Beatlemania as the fab four members take you through the band's most memorable songs with extremely close attention to detail: the voices, the harmonies, and even the hair will have you feeling like you've stepped into a time machine.
The show, which will be held on Friday, November 15, is a refreshing change of scenery for those who tend to spend their Friday nights on St. Laurent or Crescent — and it's not the only opportunity to switch up your usual night out. Playground will be hosting several other tribute concerts every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from November 7 to 23, 2019.
In addition to The Beatles, tributes to Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, Tina Turner, Tom Petty, the Blues Brothers, Donna Summer, Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, and The Rolling Stones will also be performed throughout the month. Here's the full schedule:
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 7:00 pm: Tribute to Tom Petty (Practically Petty)
- Friday, Nov. 8, 8:00 pm: Blues Brothers tribute (Soul Brothers)
- Saturday, Nov. 9, 7:00 pm: 60’s Experience with The Hi-Fins
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 7:00 pm: Fleetwood Mac tribute (Fleetwood Mac Mania)
- Friday, Nov. 15, 8:00 pm: The Beatles tribute (HELP!)
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 7:00 pm: ABBA tribute (ABBAmania)
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 7:00 pm: Tina Turner tribute (Simply the Best)
- Friday, Nov. 22, 8:00 pm: Donna Summer, Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross tributes (The Legendary Ladies of Soul)
- Saturday, Nov. 23, 7:00 pm: The Rolling Stones Tribute (The Blushing Brides)
These nine new shows come on the heels of Playground's successful October performances, which all completely sold out — and for good reason. On top of being a unique night out, the shows are totally free to watch and everyone who attends gets $5 to use on the slots when the show is done. Shake up your usual weekend plans with Playground's tribute nights!
Tribute Night at Playground
What: Canada’s top tribute to The Beatles, HELP!, will be headlining a free, must-see show at Playground on Friday, November 15. Free shows from some of Canada's most popular tribute bands will also be performed throughout the month of November.
Where: Playground, 1500 Route 138 W, Kahnawake, QC J0L 1B0
When: Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from November 7-23, 2019