Montreal's First Ever "Colours Of Spain" Wine Event Kicks Off Tonight At Entrepôts Dominion
Time to drink it up in style.
Photo cred -
Wine does not get enough love in Montreal, at least in terms of festival-action. BeerFest is here for all the brew-lovers, we have La Cuvée, the whisky festival, but what about wine? The ol' red, white, and rosé deserves to be honoured on the same level as Montreal's other favourite beverages, and now it will be, with Montreal's first Colours of Spain wine tasting event, hosted by Campo Viejo.
On Thursday, November 13th, from 5pm- 11pm, Entrepôts Dominion (map) will be transformed into a fiesta all about wine. Attendees will be given a wine glass upon entry to then use to try out Campo Viejo's selection of wines, which can be paired with the delicious paella and sweet bunuelos (kind of like Spanish doughnuts) served during the festival. The flavours of Spain will be abound as you eat the nation's signature dishes while sipping on some Campo Viejo wine, all while enjoying the event's other festivities.
No festival is complete without art and music, so expect to experience both at Campo Viejo's Colours of Spain. Live Spanish music will grace your ears throughout the night as you indulge in the many Spanish delicacies offered, and you can witness art in motion as the Madrid-based artist Okuda creates a mural of a wine bottle. So meta, so cool.
Anyone who has yet to be convinced (if you exist) here's a basic breakdown of things to expect at Campo Viejo's Colours of Spain event:
- You'll be able to meet the wine maker herself, Clara Canals Sotillo
- Free Entrance
- Your very own glass, which you get to take home after the event
- Live Spanish musician playing tunes all night
- Live mural painting
- Chef-made paella to fuel your wine drinking
- Sweet bunuelos for dessert
- The evening's host, Sebastien Benoit will keep you entertained
- Tons of photos taken by one of our photographers to capture the night
- Chef Charles Abellan will be there as well, to educate you about Tapas 24 and the magic which goes on in his kitchen
Campo Viejo's Colours of Spain event will be on Thursday, November 13th from 5pm- 11pm. Find out more about Campo Viejo Wines, by heading over to the official website.